Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,575   Posts: 1,545,710   Online: 738

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received Hoffy's great portrait of the engineer and George Richard's card, "Looking out the main gate of the Halifax Citadel on a rather dump day." I like how the light and dark geometrical objects make a frame for the central part.

I also received Jacco's card in a rather weathered condition which is a real pity as I really like both the image and the beautiful paper.

Laurent's card arrived, too. I've been following your project of the merry go round which you shared with us on APUG, I must say an impressive creature was born.

And finally, I've also got Ozphoto's great tight capture of the heat of battle.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried not to be late for this round, but it seems I can keep myself to this promise only next round. My cards are printed, although they still need to be addressed, which I'll do this weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A summary of comments from what has piled up since the last round of notes from me:

Laurent – Hands of Experience. A delightful image depicting the excellent use of shallow depth of field. Whatever task this individual is doing, it appears that they are quite familiar with it. . the framing provides a nice visual triangle in the foreground, along the arm and the edge of the component being worked on that leads your eye to the center of the image, the hand. A nice image that conveys much with a limited use of contrast.

Oxley Road – Magic Pudding characters. A delightful image of these ‘sprites’, as I think of them. The human figure on the edge of the frame fulfills a most useful purpose of establishing scale; the size of the fronds of the plant in the back ground most certainly does not. I quite enjoyed the deliberately wide white borders that the maker choose to frame his image with.

Mooseontheloose - Sunrise over Bogen. Will the great HIE images ever run out for this gal? Another captivating image with the hot air balloons ascending like giant rain drops moving in reverse, amidst the grain so characteristic of this film. The granularity almost lends a pointilistic/painterly styling to the image.

George Nova Scotia – A view from the Citadel. A delightful portal effect. Great surface tonality in the foreground blocks. A carefully balanced symmetry to the scene; the flag is the only non- symmetrical element. A nice use of the slightest level of tonality even in the darkest shadows.

TJ Ooi – Petronas Towers thought the jacarandas? A neat perspective. I almost enjoyed the hand script on the rear describing your love for your country and its captivating range of scenery more than the image itself. You must try your hand as a travel writer with the tourism bureau.

Hoffy -Goolwa Station. I enjoy all of the detail in the clouds – a fortunate exposure condition rather than a skilled burn I suspect. Good detail even in the darkest tones. The converging lines of the edge of the building and the edge of the platform draws your eye into looking and considering the figures as they await to board onto this excursion. Great detail though out all areas of the print. If further manipulating the print, a minor niggle; I could have done with a selective dodge or mask on the far side of the locomotive to take detail away from that area, and thus help the locomotive stand out more. Quite nice as it is though.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    A summary of comments from what has piled up since the last round of notes from me:
    Oxley Road – Magic Pudding characters. A delightful image of these ‘sprites’, as I think of them. The human figure on the edge of the frame fulfills a most useful purpose of establishing scale; the size of the fronds of the plant in the back ground most certainly does not. I quite enjoyed the deliberately wide white borders that the maker choose to frame his image with.
    Thanks Mike for your comments.

I now have 14/30 in. The following have arrived since my last post.

Hoffy - The Engineer. Another train card. My son is liking this round very much.
    TJ Ooi
    - Petronas Twin Towers. I too liked the way you have captured the towers through the leaves of the tree/s. The writing on the back was just like how my mother inlaw writes on her postcards from her travels.
    James Dean
    - Baby Charlotte. Such a sweet photo of a small one. My son was 7 weeks early and I was/am amazed by what is available in hospitals to give these early newborns the best start in life.
    Ozphoto
    - Aussie Rules Footy. This photo is as if I was there myself.
    Laurent
    - Hand. This hand has obviously done a lot of hard labour.

Thanks everyone.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received cards from Oxley Road, George Nova Scotia,TJ Ooi and Laurent... Thank you for the great cards, I'm enjoying them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received George Richard's Halifax citadel main gate, I like the use of black/white opposition in this symetric view.

I also got TJ OOI's Petronas Twin Towers. The view of the illuminated towers through the leaves is almost unreal, and the writing lovely.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I received Jacco's Street view (much better than what google does ;-) ) and really like it. The symetry of the buildings, as well as the rendition of textures are lovely.
    Thanks, Laurent. Mail from The Netherlands to France is just as fast as the mail from France to The Netherlands, it seems. You're the first to comment on my card (although there's no award for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Aron View Post
    I also received Jacco's card in a rather weathered condition which is a real pity as I really like both the image and the beautiful paper.
    Sorry to hear that. I suppose it's the giant rodent on Agfa paper? I was afraid of that, I've sent my two cards to myself as well, and after a trip of what I guess is about 100 kilometers, the Giant Rodent arrived slightly damaged, whereas the Street View arrived in good condition.

I hope my cards aren't in too bad a state when they make it to all of the addresses on my list... I have a few spare cards, so if you want, I can send a replacement.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jacco, I also received your card today (guess the Netherlands to Japan ain't so shabby either!) and it's in fairly good shape, just two of the corners are a little curled up.

I like the image a lot -- kind of a surreal street view with the angle of view and the beaver. I like the old Brovia paper too -- what a nice matte finish.

George's Halifax Cathedral card also arrived over the weekend. Really like the contrasts between the black and white and the overall symmetry of the entire image. Thanks!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Last week I received the following cards:

Tim Gray's - Petronas Twin Towers, a nice detailed print with exeptional perspective as well as the wonderfull message on the back;
    George Richards - Halifax Citadel, like the way you took this pictures, perspective, contrast;
    Laurent Barthélémy - "Merry go round" project, fine tonal print, well composed and use of depth off field;
    Rachelle Meilleur - Sunrise over Bagar, suprisingly grainy picture of an extraordinary sunrise. Love it;
    Andy Carson - the story behind this photo is real nice. Like the tone of the print as well as the perspective and also the way the dimensions are visible through the presence of a human being in the background
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received a bunch more.

Andy C sent the characters from the bronze pudding, fun sculptures with great expressions and I like the person near the edge too.

Laurent sent coffee break, seems to have cappuccino tones!

George sent the Halifax Citadel, great dark grey, white, black, then complex tones off to the horizon.

Petronas Twin Towers through the trees, I would love to visit!

Jacco sent a neat deteriorating street view, lots of little details to pick out, would love to see a larger print.

Hoffy sent the cute Enjoying the Ride, freckles and hair like my daughter, love the expression.

And Ozphoto sent Australian Rules Football, great action and contrast. Those guys are tough, no equipment for protection.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin