Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,360   Online: 767

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 more cards arrived in postbox:

Laurent: Coffee break. Lovely tones on this, suits the mood and subject.
    Mooseontheloose: Sunrise over Bagan. a Print from HIE, wow, I've never actually held a print from that film in my hands before.
    T.J. Ooi: Petronas Towers. Those two towers glowing through the trees look great. and the hand written information on the back, makes it even more special.

I am really enjoying this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards arrived today:

Laurent's "Hand" - some lovely natural light;
    George's "Main Gate" - I enjoy this type of subject too

13 down and 12 to go.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mine are finally all printed and written out! Hopefully I can sneak off to the post office at lunch break and send them out.

This is the first postcard exchange I've entered, and I'm loving it. Probably ten or fifteen cards have arrived already and they all look great. I only signed up for 25 this time, but will definitely be going for the max next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally sent my postcards yesterday!

Many of the the cards have grey marks on the white border, possibly caused by me inserting the paper in the processor the wrong way. I read the manual again after the printing session and I don't use it very often...

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too finally sent my postcards on Wednesday. They are of the South Park in Colorado.

Here are some quick comments on what I've received so far, as in the last exchange I very much enjoy everyone's work:

Laurent's "hand" - Beautiful tones and texture in this.

TJ's "Petronas" - Excellent perspective, I really enjoy the slightly obscured view. Also, I now want to visit Malaysia

Ricus's "Pampas grass #8" - This paper texture is great and I appreciate how rich and subtle the print is - is it toned as well?

Jacco's "Street View" - Wonderful symmetry and the smiley face is a sharp bit of irony based on the story of the place.

George Richards's "Halifax Citadel" - Another great bit of composition and combination of tones. Is that drain a bit of editorializing?

Brian Chambers's "Museum of Glass" - A lovely and subtle print with a great use of the curve.

Hoffy's "The Engineer" - Nice moment in this portrait - I like the gesture in his hand.

Rachelle's "Sunrise of Bagan" - Wow. A great scene, surreal and beautiful!

Fotogys's "office" - Wonderful crisp and shiny detail.

Andy C's "Magic Pudding" - I'm unfamiliar with the story. I appreciate how the eye lines interact between the characters and the woman in the far left.

Pilz's "Grave" - Wonderful textures and detail - the wood is beautifully carved as well.

Jim Rollinger's "The Bean" - Excellent moment here and well-made silhouettes.

Ruediger's "Alien Lamp" - I'm glad they give us some light too! I love the abstraction and clarity of vision here.

James Dean's "Baby Charlotte" - A tender portrait. Congratulations and very glad to hear of her walk!

Mark Barendt's "Concern" - Good work catching that expression - the slight blur of the movements in the back really adds to the moment.

Matt King's "Thimbles" - Perfect textures/tones and a great choice of composition.

Darwin's "Bird Tree" - Nicely seen. An albatross? Or a pelican?

Mike Wilde's pack of three - A nice diversity of subjects. With this round and the last, I'm inspired by your attention to your paper choices.

Eugene's "Dragon Soccer" - I am a fan of (and dabbler in) 3D myself and I love this little rig. It came through quite mangled by my post office, so I may have missed the effect.

Ozphoto's "Australian Rules Football" - An excellent moment, lots of drama and beautifully exposed.

--

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been remiss in not commenting on any of the 15 excellent cards I have received so far. So here goes:

drpsilver - "Bird Tree, Stanford Univ." - Trees well seen, and well printed too!
    FotoGys - "Architectural Interior" - intriguing curves and rich tones make this a very successful treatment
    George Nova Scotia - "Halifax Citadel" - a very weighty treatment of a strong subject
    hoffy - “Goolwa Station" - people and trains - what is not to like!
    J Rollinger - “The Bean" - a great "swoop" of an image
    JamesDean - “Baby Charlotte" - a beautiful vignette - congratulations
    kraker - “Rodent Crossing" - great use of an unusual viewpoint - the card arrived a little worse for wear though
    Laurent - “Artist's Hand" - a nice, strong, geometric image
    markbarent - “Concern” - more trains and people - and a fascinating ghost image too
    Mike Wilde - “Marion Bridge", "Monck Road 'Old Homestead" & "First Dip of the Year” - neat images on older paper, but the eye contact in "First Dip of the Year" makes it for me
    mooseontheloose - “Sunrise over Myanmar” - fascinating and ethereal, this keeps drawing me back
    Oxleyroad - “Magic Pudding” - this card makes me smile
    ozphoto - “Australian Rules Football” - I really like well-done sports photography, like this. This old paper looks really good as well
    piu58 - “Old Graveyard” - I really like the complex but not chaotic detail in this
    rst - “Stehcafé” - bicycles always contribute great form to a photo - this is no exception
    tj01 - “Petronas Twin Tower” - mysterious and very abstract - an interesting approach to architecture

15 down, 13 to go.

Thanks to all for participating!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received OzPhoto's card. Great capture of the action, and interesting poses of the two athlets !

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Black Dog's "It's about fascination" arrived today. Nicely captured moment -- reminds me of my mom with her grandsons.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm off on vacation today, so won't be able to check my mailbox for several weeks! Looking forward to seeing them when I return home in January.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received 2 great cards from Ozphoto & Black Dog... Thank you!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin