Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,683   Online: 984

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two new image postcards have landed in the 'awaiting comments' pile on my bookshelf since the last time I dealt with it.

Ozphoto: Aussie Rules Football. - a great shot captured under a difficult shooting environment. It looks really good for a two stop push, but Tri-x almost always does now, doesn't it.
    Love the instant that was captured, and I am really 'chuffed' (if I remember my Australianisms correctly) to read that it got published over what the local newspaper photgrapher had to turn in.

I used to live in Macgregor, in southern Brizzie, and would often hear the roar of the crowd when an event was on at the nearby stadium, and hear and see the half time fireworks.
    I was usually at home minding my first born while my wife was out doing a community threatre play to keep her sanity after minding him on her own all day while I was away at the office.

Kraker Doel Robent Crossing. A neat photo of a place slated to be gone. I enjoy the irony of the cross walk leading to all sorts of closed up shops, with the large rat garffitti on the wall.
    The matt paper finish suits the mood of the image. Depth of field is vewry good, as yu would expect from such a wide angle lens.
    My print has a pronounced curl, and thus has accumulated many bent and chewed corners from the mail processing machines. Next time you mail FB, consider backing it with an overall label in an effort to make it stay flatter.
    my real name, imagine that.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    My print has a pronounced curl, and thus has accumulated many bent and chewed corners from the mail processing machines. Next time you mail FB, consider backing it with an overall label in an effort to make it stay flatter.
    From what I've read, yours is not the only one. I do apologise. I am certain I have mailed FB from the same batch before, but I don't recall how I dried/flattened the cards in that round. So, either a bigger (full-sized) label or another drying/flattening method to remove/minimise the curl... I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

Glad you liked it nonetheless.

I still have a few spare cards; there might not be enough of them to send a replacement to all those who have received a seriously damaged card, but I want to offer sending a replacement (in an envelope) to you and/or others who have received the Giant Rodent card in a bad state... Let me know, first come, first served, limited availability.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (At least) two cards received since my last update. Marianne has sent a very nice photo of two young fiddlers at a fiddlers's fair. The look from the oldest one really makes this one. From George Nova Scotia comes a view of and through the gate of Halifax citadel. In the distance is building or monument, and I wonder about the history of the place.

I am pretty certain that I have received more cards, but I must have misplaced them somewhere. Don't think I can blame the kids this time...

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    I still have a few spare cards; there might not be enough of them to send a replacement to all those who have received a seriously damaged card, but I want to offer sending a replacement (in an envelope) to you and/or others who have received the Giant Rodent card in a bad state... Let me know, first come, first served, limited availability.
    I rather like the damaged corner - it is almost as if the Giant Rodent chewed it off to customize the card
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I rather like the damaged corner - it is almost as if the Giant Rodent chewed it off to customize the card

I had taken a mental note to ask if you wanted a replacement (I noticed your post a few days ago), but seeing as you have such a unique card, am I right to assume you're OK with that one?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since my last update, I have received two more cards:
    Oxleyroad, Magic Pudding. Those are quite the characters. A really nice print, the bronze looks really good. Interesting paper size as well, it really works for the subject.
    George Nova Scotia, looking out the main gate. Great control, shadow and highlight details, well done! And... a nice view & composition, of course.

Two more great prints, again. I'm interested to see more. 13 more to come, if my administration is up-to-date.

shuttr.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post

I had taken a mental note to ask if you wanted a replacement (I noticed your post a few days ago), but seeing as you have such a unique card, am I right to assume you're OK with that one?
    I like what I've received!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Landed in my postbox today: George from Nova Scotia's "Halifax citadel". Very interesting location, feels like I'm drawn into this image. Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did not comment on the last exchange because I lost track of all the postcards after they arrived. For this exchange I tried to be more organized. Here's what I received so far:

Black Dog The Fascination with a Motif. Very interesting still life. I love the harmony of light, and the grouping of subjects on the shelves. My favorite is the fish: a perfect touch!

Andrew South park, CO. Contact prints from 4x5 is my favorite type of a small photo. I love looking at the detail and discovering more and more from such a small image. I like the clouds on the sky, and the pastoral scenery down below. Just perfect.

TJ Ooi A fantastic shot of lighted Petronas Towers. And the most of all I love your description on the back of the card. It really makes me want to go and visit Malaysia. Thank you!

Laurent A Coffee break. That's funny. Looking at the front of the card, I would have sworn it came from Seattle ;-). But when I turned it over, the memories from my trips to Grenoble came back to my mind. It is always my favorite part of trips to France. Right after lunch we would gather near the coffee machines, drink espresso and talk about the latest news around the world. Good memories!

Guus IJzereef All I can say is WOW! This is one of the rare cases when one should not say "I'm looking AT the photo" but "I'm looking INTO the photo"!!!! I feel like I'm standing right inside of the building. The reflections, the depth, the tones, oh and the building! Sorry, but WOW is my only comment. Simply amazing.

George Richards Halifax Citadel. I love the symmetry of the composition and how the eye gets attracted into distance beyond the gates. Great photo!

drpsilver Bird tree. Great combination of the textures of the tree and dramatic skies!

Ruediger's Jellyfish. Heh, I had exactly the same emotions when I first saw jellyfish on a shore. What's that? The picture of gracious translucent animals just did not want to get connected with the blobs of icky jelly on the sand. Great, great capture!

Mark Barendt Concourse. Great situational portrait! That's one style of photography I admire tremendously, maybe because I'm afraid I am incapable of doing it. Love the moment. The expression on his face is just perfect!

James Dean Congratulations on the newborn! This is just an ultimate portrait of a baby. I'm amazed you find the time to send the postcards. Congratulations again!

Rachelle Now, this can't be real. It's like an illustration from a fairy tale! I always love your photos. But this is something absolutely magical. Are you going to do a lith or do a bigger print of this shot? Can I please, please, please have one, if you ever do it? I can send one of mine in exchange, though I'm afraid mine will never be as good.

These are all the cards I have received so far. I hope I or my kids have not lost any on the way from the mail box to my desk.

I'm glad that most of you were able to see and liked my 3D contraption. It was a big gamble, I was worried that like with my random dot stereogram experiments I was the only one who could see them ;-). This one might be a problem for people with farsightedness. So if you could not figure it out, please don't be upset, just let me know, I'll send a normal replacement postcard to you!

Andrew, I'm sorry the post office garbled the card sent to you. I have a couple of extra ones I made, so if you'd like, I can send you a replacement, or maybe a regular non-3D postcard?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yesterday was portcards day for me ! Between this exchange and teh "Old Apugers" one, I received 7 cards ! (Luckily enough, there was also a bill in the box ) :

Marianne's young fiddlers : I like the focus put on the two players, the background is really cut from the scene. The eye contact is also very nice, and help the photograph. I also like the printing a lot, the tones are very subtile.

Ryan's Sleeping Beauty. I trust you when you say the view is worth the hike, and your photograph shows this ! The tones on the snow are amazing, I could almost touch it !

Trond's Ash. The image is very abstract, very simple, and this keeps me wondering what happened there, and what the place is (the stones in the background only add to the puzzle.

Andrew's view of South Park. The depth of view is amazing, and the small details (I suppose there are buffalos in the foreground ?) give a welcome sense of scale.

Thanks !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin