Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,222   Online: 1185

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received cards from Trond, Andrew Vartabedian,Kc2edh & Ndrs. Thank you for the great cards! 21/30 so far..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the words everybody.

As a couple have commented - those are cows down in the valley, though buffalo would have roamed in the area. There's a great (and brutal) section about hunting in a nearby valley in John Williams' novel "Butcher's Crossing."

Kraker - terribly sorry for the problem with your card. Perhaps my fixer failed for part of the batch? Anyone else have a similar phenomenon? The extras I have did not show any sign of such problems.

I've received recently:

Black dog's lovely picture of window lights. Wonderful reflections in the edges of the panes.
    Ryan's "Call to the Diamond" - I like all the darkness in the top of the frame.
    Marianne's fiddlers - Perfect expressions and a great treatment of the microphone stands
    Trond's "Ash" - Excellent use of texture and a a nice bit of suggestiveness with the markers on the edges
    Andres's "Gang" - What a pair! The misaligned mouth on the left is the perfect touch.
    Romain's "On the way to work" - Excellent symmetry between sky and marsh. Nice treatment of the sun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.vartabedian View Post
    Thanks for the words everybody.

As a couple have commented - those are cows down in the valley, though buffalo would have roamed in the area. There's a great (and brutal) section about hunting in a nearby valley in John Williams' novel "Butcher's Crossing."

Kraker - terribly sorry for the problem with your card. Perhaps my fixer failed for part of the batch? Anyone else have a similar phenomenon? The extras I have did not show any sign of such problems.
    After posting yesterday, I put my words into actions, but refixing and rewashing didn't change things, so I don't think it's failed fixer. Maybe it's just "something" that was transferred during contact with other pieces of mail, I don't know. Anyway, doesn't matter, it's still a great shot.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received a bunch of cards this week, but did not take time to comment... Now I'm on a business travel, so can't comment on cards I do not have handy... Sorry ! Will do when I'm back.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Andrew Vartabedian's "South Park" today Nice contact print, and what a view. I'm happy that the little strip with the coding(?) came off easily.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    received Trond "Ash", interesting subject and a nice print!

again i must apologize for me being not able to send any cards yet, trouble in the house means the darkroom must be moved. hopefully this month i'd be able to start printing and sending them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four new cards have piled up on my' waiting for comment pile' from this round.

Andrew V - 'South Park - the pastoral version'. A delightful view. The tiny camper, and homestead, as well as the herd of cattle work well to give a scape to this huge vista. My print is a tiny bit short on contrast from how I might have printed shuch an image. I think the cluds might have looked a bit better if they printed closer to a white/lighter tone.

Kc2edh (Ryan) - Lapland Pond. A great IR shot, making the best use of it's ability in a landscape, namely to highlight living plant material. The composition is good. It might have been impoved if the frame was taken or printed to crop out the branch at the upper right of the frame. I find it draws my eye, and I don't think that was the makers intention when taking the frame. There is good detial in the clouds, evidence of what is the mentioned burning effort. Don't be afraid to let foliage print as white in an IR shot.

Ndrs - Gang. A great concept shot, arising from what I suspect was an impromptu posing opportunity with most captivating subjects. Good overall tones in the print, and good framing of the elements within the image. The shallow DOF helps snap the people clear of merging with the otherwise rather busy background.

Trond - Ash. A dark and ominous scene that puts all sorts of questions into your head. The burned ash pile! The toppled head stones! What was a fire burning in the middle of a cemetary , and who was involved?. Well done.
    A nice range of tones that suits the mood of the image. My print has had some sort of a red dye make a small splash partly near the centre bottom on the image and partly on the border. This serendipitous suggestion of blood may have been what sent me onto reading all of the dark potential meanings into this image.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too am late... sorry. I think I've finally chosen a negative. It is 5am, perhaps time to get printing...

I've also received Trond's ash with the "blood stain"? Headstones and ash, questions indeed!

Andrew's I also had to remove the code string, luckily without damage. Nice high landscape.

Ryan's Mets vs Braves, action shot of the pitch.

Gang, someone needs eyeholes!

And Romain's lovely morning landscape.

Thanks to all!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My cards are in the mail. Hope you folks enjoy. Also if anyone can tell me why the paper did what it did I would be grateful. I would like to be able to repeat it but my guess it is paper age that caused the affect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andres' "Gang" and Mick's church have graciously showed up in my mailbox. I love the absurdity of the moment in the former and the light and detail of the latter. Thanks!

Edit: Just realized Mick's card is from round 23!
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 01-12-2012 at 06:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin