Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,480   Online: 916

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And the winner is... Uwe Pilz !! Your card arrived today in Chateauneuf. The subject is very moving, and the print shows nice textures and details.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I received Uwes postcard yesterday. Thanks, I agree with Laurent.

I will have to write my cards, that will take some days but they should go out next week.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received 3 cards today from Mike Wilde.. Thanks Mike, i really like 'First Dip Of The Year"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, you guys have already sent cards....I am only going to start printing this weekend. What worries me a bit is the fact that I don't have those neat "postcard" paper sheets, only normal thickness sheets. I hope the postal services don't manage to destroy them in transit. Maybe I should stick them on thin(ish) cardboard or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    Wow, you guys have already sent cards....I am only going to start printing this weekend. What worries me a bit is the fact that I don't have those neat "postcard" paper sheets, only normal thickness sheets. I hope the postal services don't manage to destroy them in transit. Maybe I should stick them on thin(ish) cardboard or something.
    Yes, these guys are amzaing ! I hope to be able to print this week-end (think I have the negative selected, but I need to find a way to do neat contacts).

I received some cards from other rounds on "regular" papaer, and they were not more damaged than the postcard paper.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricus.stormfire View Post
    I've never sent out my cards on *real* postcard sheets - always been cut down from larger sheets or regular size sheets if I've had them in stock. I admit I do stick my labels (fullsize) which does add to the thickness a little, but have also just used 2 smaller ones on many as well.

And many of the cards I've received haven't been postcard stock either and still fair very well in the post.

It's rare that I receive damaged postcards in any form, unless it has been soaked in the rain at some stage prior to delivery.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Yes, it is surprising how well all those postcards arrive, no matter if they are on regular RC paper, on Ilford postcard paper (which is I think Ilford Gallery paper which has a bit thinker paper base), FB, cyanotypes, Polaroids, even the very small Fuji Instax postcards arrived well. And - it is a postcard exchange, so a bit of wear should be part of the fun

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilford postcards are on their heavier-weight Portfolio RC stock.

I use regular RC stock most times. If you look at a "commercial" postcard you will most likely see that it is on paper, rather than RC base, so would be as likely or more likely to be damaged than RC stock.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received my first postcard today, from Uwe Pilz. Indeed a very moving photograph which sets in motion a train of thoughts, at least for me.

Thanks,
    Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Yes, it is surprising how well all those postcards arrive, no matter if they are on regular RC paper, on Ilford postcard paper (which is I think Ilford Gallery paper which has a bit thinker paper base), FB, cyanotypes, Polaroids, even the very small Fuji Instax postcards arrived well. And - it is a postcard exchange, so a bit of wear should be part of the fun

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Has anyone sent Fuji Pack film prints out before? Would they survive I wonder? Hmm, ideas, ideas... I have a whole bunch of FP-100B that expires in November 2011, very interesting... too many ellipses...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin