Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,707   Online: 980

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received lacoat's photograph of a burger and fries restaurant too. Thank you very much! I was surprised to read that it was hard to get photos from negatives (instead of files).
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got Labcoat's card also. Very nice one, showing a shop entrance. The framing inside the image (from the doors) makes it work fine. Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I got a wonderful car form Roger R. Thoms. His double doors of en electric shop are fantastic.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Aron's N°20 arrived today. Square image of some derelict building and car, very moody. The paper has a slight warm tone, did you tone it or is it the normal aspect ?

Roger Thoms' card was also in the box, I love the framing (should I say the multiple frames in the image ?) of the doors, as well as the rendition of the perspective.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the comments. Laurent, the slight warm tone you see comes naturally from the warmtone paper + neutral (to slightly cold) working developer. I had only neutral tone developer at home when I tried this paper first, but I liked the reasult, so I sticked with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve received three more fine cards:

ccross - “A Bunch of Dollars” - Fascinating patterns and a subtle print. I really like the “two card” packaging as well
    labcoat - “Foliage in Colour” - I always appreciate cards in colour - surprisingly muted tones for Ektar 100
    markrewald - “Alfalfa” - Great expression, and the print (borders and fogging included) go so well with it

20 down, 8 to go. EDIT: I've re-checked the count, and it appears that my counts have been off throughout. The correct number is actually 22 down and 6 to go.

Thanks to all for participating!
    Last edited by MattKing; 01-23-2012 at 09:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format

plaintive whine

Sign-up is over??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megzdad81 View Post
    Sign-up is over??
    For round 24, yes.

But round 25 is still open: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...d-25-sign.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Labcoat – Maple in shade- on Ektar. A nice maple dominates the scene, and could almost have been a b&w shot heavy on the toning, so muted brown are the colour of the shadows. That is Ektar for you- a slide film like coating on a color negative film - great colour saturation, but little exposure latitude. So your shadows came out muted. The lit areas are nice and punchy. Lovely bits erupt where the sun pokes though the tree and breath patches of green. The figure included in the lower part of the scene gives an appreciated scale to the image. The black rebate adjacent the white border is a nice touch.

Markrewald – Alfalfa canted. The fogged edges are no issue for me. Gifted paper finds its way to me this way. Photo paper – oh it doesn’t fit my inkjet kind of people going through the estate contents of older relative who was an ‘olde schoole photo guy’.
    There is a squarish part of the house that turns up in the background to the left of the dog’s head. I would have stood to see it held back a bit, to reduce the rectilinear image elements that otherwise fall into an image full of soft swirls and beautiful bokeh.
    The very nice presentation of the shallow depth of field works very well. The eyes are most sharp, and the nose is acceptably sharp. The canto one side of the dog’s head is what makes it a great image to me.

Roger Thoms –Substation portal #5. The borders are most appropriately sized to the balance of the image and the cropping of the image into the frame is done most expertly. There are clean whites in the graffiti on one of the window panes of the door, and there is also good shadow detail in the door frames. Nice mid tones show us the modulation of light that the corrugated iron above the door produces. Very well done.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received Roger Thorms' double doors. Very nice shot, wel balanced and superb black & whites. I would like to see what's inside the building.
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin