Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 789

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aron's Old factory near Budapest found its way to Germany. Thank you!
    One thing postcard exchange is good for is seeing different types of paper. I love Fomatone MG classic very much.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig Cross a Bunch of Sand Dollars arrived yesterday.

A very neat dark shellfish (actually I am not sure what a sand dollar actually is classified as) dominates the frame, over other more 'normal toned' shells.
    Neat framing, good focussing. The print might have been presented a bit more effectively with more contrast.

The image is presented not square, but instead as slightly skewed to the paper edges. I am not sure if this was a paper mis-loaded in the easel issue, or an artistic statement that was intentional.
    One small corner of the paper was also lightstruck. Again not sure if there is some deliberate design here, or just using up some slightly edge/corner fogged paper.
    my real name, imagine that.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've sent most of mine out now and the rest will go 1st week of feb [happy year of the Dragon btw]
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mike, thank for the comments on my card, glad you like it. As far as the borders there is a method to by madness. Half inch borders on 5x7 paper gives an image area of 4x6 which matchs the aspect ratio of a 35mm negative. I did end up with a slight crop to eliminate the edge of a window that didn't show up in my view finder.

I also wanted to thank Laurent and Fotogys for their comment as well.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Received so far the following, safe and intact. Thank you guys for the beautiful cards.

1. Mike Wilde
    2. James Dean
    3. Jim Rollinger
    4. Ryan Nerp
    5. Jacco de Kraker
    6. Rachelle Meilleur
    7. Ashley Hoff
    8. Darwin Poulos
    9. George Richards
    10. Nanette Reid
    11. Laurent Barthélémy
    12. Andrew Carson
    13. Ricus Claassens
    14. Matt King
    15. Guus IJzereef
    16. Mark Barendt
    17. Marianne Pojman
    18. Trond Båshus
    19. Andres Palm
    20. Mark Rewald
    21. Johannes Markus
    22. Romain Graciano
    23. Andrew Vartabedian

Regards
    TJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got a card form Craig Cross whch showes an unusual sea urchin. very fine image, thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Likewise and thanks!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found a lovely portrait of Alfalfa in my box today, thanks Mark Rewald. The "effect" you got is quite awesome (now to figure out how to emulate it )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got two cards :

Craig Cross's "Bunch of sea dollars". Lovely closeup (I've got a preference for the semi-glossy print over the glossy one).
    Rory's Marin Headlands. wonderful print of a seascape, with a great tonal range (I usually do not really care for this range, unless it serves the print) which really make it shine. I first felt the foreground was blocked, but a closer look showed the grass' details. The feeling of light is very well conveyed, and the composition is close to perfection. (Note : I already thought I had to try ART300, and this print definitely confirms this !)

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I got some really wonderful cards this round. Some of my favorite out of all the rounds I've participated in. My cards finally went out this morning. Sorry for being so late.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin