Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,326   Online: 1029

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I found Tim Gray's wonderful Hallgrímskirkja in my letter box. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Status update:

I received Craig Cross's "A Bunch of Dollars. Like the composition very much, also a nice choosen presentation.
    Also Tim Gray's picture of Hallgrimskirkja, like it a lot also because of it's basic less is more principle. Nice print to.

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've also received cards from Roger Thoms, Johannes, ndrs, and ccross -- thanks to all!

Eagerly awaiting 8 more to finish the round...and if for some reason anyone has not received a card from me, please let me know. I have a few extras hanging around.
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 02-04-2012 at 08:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An overdue update...
    Three more cards received over the last few weeks:

Roger Thoms, "double doors", simple yet effective, well executed, I like it!
    Aron, "no. 20", wow. Absolutely a great photo, lovely paper, all in all: a perfect picture. Without a doubt one of my favourites of this round so far.
    ccross, "a bunch of dollars", great detail, an interesting view of this animal.

If anyone who should have received a card from me has not received it, or has received it in a bad state, please let me know. I still have a few spare cards, and it's not a problem to send one your way.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love Mark Rewalds friend Alfalfa, and the way his print turned out to be and I also received Wayne Frederick's man exiting a watertaxi, well shot moment.

Therefore I received the numbers 23 and 24 of 30. Wonderfull.
    I also would like to know if anyone is still expecting a postcard from me. They could go missing in the post and I still have a few spares.

Guus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Today I received Gordon's photo of Rose Deer Hotel. Thanks for this nice picture

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also received Gord's Rosedeer Hotel. For some reason it seemed familiar to me and I now remember going out of my way to Wayne in my quest to photograph ghost towns across Canada. But for whatever reason I didn't take a picture of the hotel -- not run down enough perhaps?

Also thanks to Tim Gray for his somewhat abstract shot of Hallgrimskirkja and to Wayne Frederick for his Water Taxi shot. In both pictures I like the shifting tonal values that draw my eye all over the image.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This week I've got :

GordRob's Rose Deer Hotel. Interesting building, looks like the ones I'd see in Western movies...

Wayne Frederick's man exiting a watertaxi. I like the general mood, and the poles add a symetry to the composition which I like.

Mark Rewald's Alfalfa. I too like the "fogged paper" effect, as well as the composition and eye contact...

Tim Gray's Hallgrimskirja. Very interesting rythm in this composition !
    Thanks !
    Last edited by Laurent; 02-11-2012 at 07:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, seems I got quite a few cards whilst I was on holiday in AU! I received the following over the past couple of months:
    • Andrew's "View of South Park from Boreas Pass" - love the detail in this image, makes me yearn even more for a 5x4.
    • Gord's "Rose Deer Hotel" - If I ever get the chance to visit Canada, think this will be one place I'd love to visit and shoot myself.
    • Tim's "Wall" in Reykjavik - Nice texture in those concrete posts.
    • Andres' "Gang" - kids always love to play at this
    • Aron's "No 20" - love this paper!
    • Mark Rewald's "Alfalfa" - Mark, the paper fogging(?) doesn't worry me either - she's a real cutie!
    • Roger's "Double Doors" - Great contrast in the print; matches the subject really well!
    • Craig's "A Bunch of Dollars" - I've never heard of these called that before! And to think I must have been a millionaire as a kid. . . . . . .

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more cards arrived last week:

markrewald, Alfalfa. Been looking at this card the whole week. Whatever happened to that paper is amazing, it looks absolutely great with this subject.
    Tim Gray, upon first seeing this card, I loved the minimalistic approach. Beautiful shades of grey, nicely changing from pillar to pillar. Then I read the back. Nothing 100% certain yet, but the plans are to visit Iceland this summer. I've seen the church in the books and guides, but wouldn't have recognised it on your photo. You've truly managed to give us a different view on a famous landmark. Now I really want to go there!
    gordrob, Rose Deer Hotel (or is it Rosedeer-hotel?), captured on a sunny and windy day, by the looks of it. Personally I might have tried printing this with just a bit more contrast. Nice capture, the wheels, the railroad track (still used, or not?), the typical buildings.

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, I've received 22 out of 25 cards so far, which I consider a very good score!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin