Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,363   Online: 982

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I found Jake Wiliams' "A moment..." in my letterbox. It reminds me my own children when they werey younger. Now the are 25 and 23.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for your comments. The PC Exchange is always a good opportunity to see what images work better, what less so.

I've received these four cards since I last commented:

Roger R. Thoms: Lovely subject, with a great nested composition and beautiful tonality.

Labcoat: "Burger Delite", a great colour card with a classic theme.

Wayne Frederick: Nicely captured moment (especially knowing it was taken with a 4x5 camera) and the gentle tones which I primarily contribute to the uncoated lens (and good use of materials) are just lovely.

Tim Gray: Wow. OK, I admit I'm biased since I have a sweet spot for such well composed, minimalistic images like this one. One of my favourites for this great round.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for being so late with my comments for this round. Lots of great cards received (in no particular order):

• BlackDog: Beautifully printed and very poetic!
    • markrewald: I don't mind the fogged paper effect either. Looks like a friendly dog!
    • ccross: A good abstract.
    • kc2edh: A very successful attempt at infrared, and a beautiful landscape.
    • andrew.vartabedian: A grand landscape in a small format. Interesting combination.
    • gordrob: "Rose Deer Hotel". Interesting building. Would love to visit that hotel some time.
    • hoffy: Love this one! Several layers of framing, and very well printed.
    • Aron: Another lovely print. Just beautiful!
    • kraker: This photo made me read more about Doel. Seems absurd that one can demolish an entire village.
    • Laurent: Great photo of an artist at work!
    • ozphoto: Fantastic sports photo. Had to look up Australian Rules Football too.
    • ndrs: These two would scare me if I met them!
    • Rom: I wish I had this view on my way to work!
    • Roger Thoms: I like doors. Nice photo of an interesting sample.
    • labcoat: Color photo! The diner looks a little scary for some reason.
    • Tim Gray: A different, and very successful, view of this famous building.
    • Wayne Frederick: Looks cold and windy!

Thanks everyone!

Trond

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Today, Jake Williams' photo I found on the doormat. Love the portret and composition, maybe a little to hard in print imo, but as Uwe stated reminds us of earlier days.
    The statement on the back "everything around you, in the eyes of a sensitive photographer, can offer endless possibilities and chances to see where theytake you" I would say is well spoken and so thru.

Thanks
    Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been a little poor on timely responses to the cards I have rec'd since the middle of Jan or thereabouts.

7 more cards in - 25in, 5 to go.

I no particular order I have
    gordrob - Rose Deer Hotel. To someone from down under this looks just like what I would expect to see in old western movies. I take it where this hotel is situated the coal dried up and the town died a slow death?
    Tim Gray - Wall of Hallgrimskirkja. Another image of great symatry and the light columns in the centre that grow darker toward the edges of the picture.
    Craig Ross - A bunch of Dollars. Took me a while to work out what you had photographed, but when I did it was obvious. The close detail was what threw me initially.
    Roger R. Thoms - Double Doors. Well framed. The rectangular doors forming a square, then framed by more rectangles. Great image that has drawn many comments from the visitors to my home.
    labcoat - Burger Delite. Great to get another colour picture and with hand written notes as well. Thank you.
    ndrs - Gang. If my kids tried dressing up like this they and I would be ordered to seek councilling. But it is not to unlike what I would have been up to when I was 10 just 30 years ago.
    Mark Rewald - Alfalfa. I love the effect that you achieved with the print.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jake's card arrived today - a nice study of childhood innocence.

Only 2 outstanding from this round.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jake's Moment gathered fro coincidence. Looks like a mom showing a son how to wrap a.. valentines gift? with a ribbon and how to tie it. Nice backlighting on the mom and child from ambient lighting spilling in the kitchen window.

Reminds me of all the things I learned from my Mom at the kitchen table or kitchen counter. Nice image.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Today Rai's pinhole photograph 'OPEN AND CLOSED' arrived. It has taken some time but is definitly worthwile waiting for. I really love this picture, very moody, fascinating composition and beautifull print, a picture to watch over and over.

Thanks

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve received four more fine cards:

Roger Thoms - "Double Doors" - Interesting patterns and textures, and really well printed too
    gordrob - "Rose Deer Hotel" - Always like a good "Last Chance Saloon" - nice use of the Cooltone Developer
    Tim Gray - "Hallgrimskirkja" - A striking, perspective challenging abstract
    Black Dog - "A Moment Gathered from Coincidence" - A wonderful connection - is it father and son?

26 down, two (hpulley and RHITMrB) to come.

Thanks to all for participating!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jake Williams' (Black Dog) postcard arrived today, very nice square portrait. Thank you

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin