Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,546   Online: 1080

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I Received "Baby Charlotte" from James Dean...

I love your photo, she is wonderful. It's good to hear that she is doing well

Welcome to Baby Charlotte

Thanks

Rom

Mine are drying now Will post them during the week i think. Hope i am not too late.

All the best

Rom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    James Dean – Baby Charlotte – A most skillful use of short depth of field in a low lighting/available light photo. The sharpness of her eye, draws you in against all the other softly rendered shapes and tones. This is also a fine example of a very nice low key image. Very touching.

Jim Rollinger – The Bean – An excellent capture of a most amazing subject. The distortions of the rectilinear tile pattern of the plaza floor are most captivating. I saw this piece of sculpture in person during a summer holiday a few years ago, and was most awe struck by the great urban park the Millennium Park is today. The engineer in me also was most struck by the challenges that must have been involved in fabricating it.

RST- A neat snap that gave me exposure to another culture’s take on the possibilities of street food. Additionally I enjoyed the apparently overcast lit scene being printed onto a matt finished photo paper. The scene is given more impact by the care in finely portraying the texture of the bricks in the paving and wall, as well as the stucco of the building.

Uwe Piltz – Stalingrad grave. Great framing. I enjoy the lower third being filled with low scrubby shrubs, and then the upper portion being divided more vertically by the window frame and vines. Nice sensitivity from the text as well.

Always nice to find these postcard images among the mountain of other bits of mail and flyers that seem to over fill my mailbox at least three times a week.

I know I get mail delivery five days a week, but my letter carrier or the upstream sorter never has adressed mail for me on Monday.

Friday I don't get any mail unless it is adressed to me. The letter carrier does shoulder a heavy bag on Wednesday and Thursday to get all the junk mail delivered those days.

Presumably it lets them make a short day of Friday.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My cards are printed, dried, trimmed, assembled, glued, wrapped and shipped. Let me know *if* you can actually see them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well I've printed my cards last weekend and posted them today. Curios what you all think of it.

I received in the past week:
    - Ruediger's Hundestrand, well seen and nice printed.
    - Nice picture of baby Charlotte from James Dean, the way a baby should be shot and good to here that all goes well now.
    - Mark Barent's Conceru, well shot of a lovely scene, like the way it is composed and printed. Beautifull to see other people working on old machines

Groet,
    Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Two cards arrived today.

Darwins "Trees can look like so many things" - nice, detailed and inspiring print.

Mark Barendts Concern is a look into a time long gone. Well seen, good feel for the right moment.

This is great so far, keep them coming.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got two more cards, both of them are great!
    Mark Barendt's Concern an Darwin's Bird tree.

My wife enjoyed both cards too.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Due to flooding in Bangkok, I moved to northern Thailand for a couple of weeks, and will be shooting in Singapore next week as well. Fingers crossed, I will be able to get to a post office in BKK or Chiang Mai to send these guys out to all asap.

Looking forward to seeing my mailbox (flooded??!) when I get back home, and all the gems that await!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    And todays surprise is a very nice card from FotoGys. I like it a lot. Thanks.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three cards in the mailbox yesterday. An shot of a very interesting interior from FotoGys, "Bird Tree, Stanford University" from drpsilver and "Concern" from markbarent. Thank you!

Trond

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    28 Oct 2011

To All:

My cards just entered the US postal system. Hope thay get to you soon, and in good condition.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Your card has just arrived, beautiful print.

I won't be printing until next week so very sorry for not sending yet, got some trouble in the house and the enlarger had to be moved. But next week should be ok.

Cheers,

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin