Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,212   Online: 835

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I've been a little slow to comment on all cards received so far. In no particular order:

"Baby Charlotte" from James Dean is a lovely portrait of a true survivor!

Jim Rollinger's "The Bean" is a great composition of form and shadow.

Mark Barendt's "Concern" is a nice capture of worry and work.

Mike Wilde's triple play of cards are all enjoyable, although like others, "First Dip" is my favorite.

Ruediger's "Jellyfish" remind me of walking on the beach in Thailand and having to watch out for those nasty suckers! Thanks everyone!

My cards have been printed since July, but I was waiting for a chance to sit down and write them all since the address list came out (it's been a busy month). Unfortunately I ran out of labels and stamps (not sure how that happened). So in the interest of moving forward, the majority are going out this weekend, but the rest (about 10 or so) will have to wait a week or two until I can restock my supplies.

Just a note about my postcards: sorry the horizon is not quite level, they did look alright when I printed them in a marathon session, but of course I noticed the problem when it was too late to fix it (I have no access to a darkroom other than a couple times a year when I head up to Tokyo).

Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yesterday was a special workday here, so I received two cards:

Mark Barendt's powerful Concern and Darwin's Bird Tree shot on beautiful PX.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yesterday Darwin's "Bird Tree" arrived, very nice shot and print and also Eugene's "Dragon Soccer" a step into 3D photografy, Eugene I love al the effort you put in and result you achieved

Guus
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay,

So I have in hand, baby Charlotte, Hundestrand, old graveyard in Stalingrad, Bird Tree, the Bean, Dragon Soccer, and the Marion Bridge-Monch Road Homestead-First Dip trio.

Being a newbie, my 1st post card exchange, I was really wondering if it was going to be fun or just a hassle, but it is great.

Not only did I have fun getting mine ready and I got to post them to places all over the globe to people who actually enjoy what I did: I get lots of fun stuff back. I'm truly enjoying each trip to the mailbox.

Looking forward to the rest!
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This week I received several card :

DRPSilver's Bird tree. Great details and tonalities, and will inspire me to get my own AE1P more frequently.

Mark Barendt's locomotive. The expression is very well captured.

FotoGys's fine architectural image. The place looks amazing, and your image conveys this feeling.

Anakin's dragon soccer. A real surprise, as it is so different from the "regular" postcards ! (and yes, it works for me).

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too received Concern and Bird Tree, thanks!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since my last update, I have received three more cards:

markbarent's "concern", a great shot of both machine and men. You can just see that there's something amiss. Nice!
    drpsilver's "bird tree". I guess I wasn't fully awake when I saw it. Nice picture, was my first thought. Bird tree. Oh, nice. Then I read "Trees can look like so many things". I looked again... and only then did I see the resemblance. Well done!
    MattKing's "Thimbles". Strong graphic picture, I like it a lot. Shiny metal in black and white, you can't really go wrong there.

As for my postcards... I had hoped to print them this weekend, but looking through my recently shot negatives, I just couldn't find anything that I'm happy enough with. I had a few shots in mind, but... no, they don't work the way I want to.

So... I'm afraid I need a bit more time. I could also do with some inspiration. Anyway, just thought I'd update you on my status.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received cards from markbarent, DRPSILVER, MattKing and FotoGys... Great cards and thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received: rst's, "Dogs beach" & DRPSilver's "Bird tree". Thank you. Looking forward to the rest
    to come.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    08 Nov 2011

Time to comment on the next batch of card that I have received.

The photo from markbarebt does a good job at conveying the gravity of the situation. I also like the implied motion as these guys try to fix the problem.
    "Alien Lamps" from rst is a simple composition, but has a lot for the viewer to think about. I like how you look at everyday things with a different "eye".
    The card from FotoGys has great detail and tones. Looks like an interesting place to visit.
    The print from MattKing is simple and complex at the same time. The repeated patterns keeps the viewer "wandering around the photo" for some time.
    The "card" from Anikin is really cool. I would never have thought about creating such a 3D viewer. Your instructions were easy to follow. It must have been fun to study how the brain "deals with" such information.

Regards,
    Darwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin