Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,700   Online: 835

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    .... Part of the purpose of this exchange was to expose the neophytes to output from good alt printers.

May will be fine with me. I think I'll be doing gum over palladium or kallitype for the next round.

Don Bryant
    Agree with Don, thought we were very fortunate to have so many excellent printers participate (in other words I was blown away). Just a thought, set up x number of groups by the expert printers that elect round 2, then put the rest of our names in a hat and draw the groups. Who would determine who is an expert? My guess is that Don, Gerhard, Joe, Mateo, and others could help with that.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Count me in. Hurry, before the folks see what I sent in R1!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Images
    I'm in. Finally got a neg for round one and will be printing soon.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in, I'm having as much fun as the postcard exchange. Some here know how addicted I became to that.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in for round 2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My prints are done for round 1, but a freak snow/ice/sleet/hail storm here in D/FW kept me from heading to the post office yesterday. Will mail out today! So definitely keep me in for round 2.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Participants

To date:

Carl Radford
    John Brewer
    Art
    Ole
    Joe Lipka
    Mike C
    David A. Goldfarb
    Christian Nze
    Don Bryant
    Randy
    Jim Gali
    Aggie
    Jeremy Moore
    Mark
    Matt Miller
    Gerhard
    Steve Allen
    Menacing Tourist
    Diane
    Last edited by CarlRadford; 12-08-2005 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Experts and groups

Agreed it is a good idea to spread the "experts" and hopefully someone will take on that role when it comes time to make up groups. Please don't shy away from the task - as I am sure some will say that it is hard to judge who the experts are without seeing the work - but I am sure someone will stand up and be counted? The other suggestion I have is to try and ensure that, as far as possible, we try and ensure that no-one in round two is in the same group as anyone they were in round one with?

Ole - thanks for making me sticky - I think......

Carl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in as well. It was great to see the work produced by other APUGers. This may be the nudge I need to try another process...

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford
    The other suggestion I have is to try and ensure that, as far as possible, we try and ensure that no-one in round two is in the same group as anyone they were in round one with?l
    Carl,
    that will work right now, but from experience with the generic group print exchange, once you hit rounds 3 & 4 it is just not possible anymore.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin