Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,175   Online: 947

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Which Fabriano is it? If it's Uno, it's likely to be quite alkaline and needs to be acid treated to work well. (At least that's true for pt/pd printing.)
    Its the hot press stuff that Frabriano discontinued a few years back. I know it worked very well orginally for my vandykes. What I'm using now is the stuff from Bostick and Sullivan that Mateo uses. So I have no idea about the acid content. It comes in 22x29 inch sheets.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what's the entry requirements? Are people willing to accept a 4x5 cyanotype in exchange for their masterpieces?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Count me it too

Thanks,
    Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    what's the entry requirements? Are people willing to accept a 4x5 cyanotype in exchange for their masterpieces?
    AFAIK they are fine Nige...would love to see some of your work in alt. process. Can not speak for anyone else, but find the 4x5 - 5x7 size perfect for this, last one I sent out was 5x7 ziatype, the next may be plt or pld toned VDB in either 4x5 or 5x7.

Aggie, I have some of the Fabriano Artistico that I picked up (it was labeled as Fabriano Uno but the watermark shows artistico, sigh) and had very little luck with it with VDB....then talked with Jeremy and he said it probably needed an acid bath. So will treat some and give it another try.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    AFAIK they are fine Nige...would love to see some of your work in alt. process. Can not speak for anyone else, but find the 4x5 - 5x7 size perfect for this, last one I sent out was 5x7 ziatype, the next may be plt or pld toned VDB in either 4x5 or 5x7.
    Ok, I'm in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So far we have

To date:

Carl Radford
    John Brewer
    Art
    Ole
    Joe Lipka
    Mike C
    David A. Goldfarb
    Christian Nze
    Don Bryant
    Randy
    Jim Gali
    Aggie
    Jeremy Moore
    Mark
    Matt Miller
    Gerhard
    Steve Allen
    Menacing Tourist
    Diane
    Jim Moore
    Nige
    Peter Schrager
    Last edited by CarlRadford; 12-09-2005 at 04:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

IN

I'm in also please-BUT-I have recieved ZIP from my last group. Anyone listening?
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Round 1

Peter, I have recieved 3 prints but was in two groups! We did Say into mid-Decemeber so we've a while to go and people are talking about when they will have prints out in the round one thread. I hope we get a 100% exchanges but appreciate there may be reasons why people are late - especially at this time of year - in hindsight one to avoid in the future maybe. The only sanction for any that do not exchange is to preclude them from participation in the future but I am not sure what the APUG guidelines are - one of the moderators might be able to answer that - but as I've said there is time yet and I believe we are a good lot

All the best, Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager
    I'm in also please-BUT-I have recieved ZIP from my last group. Anyone listening?
    Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The APUG guidelines are pretty silent on the issue of non-exchangers. It's up to the organizers to pay attention and to weed out the repeat offenders.

Personally, I don't keep track of who didn't send me a print. I send mine out (not always on schedule, but eventually they do make it out), and I seem to get a good number back, but I don't take it personally or get too bent out of shape if someone doesn't reciprocate. Such is life.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Peter

I ship your print today with the 2 others for Ole and John. I also receive the John's gum print ,and you may receive your soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager
    Peter
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin