Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,833   Online: 1063

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager
    I'm in also please-BUT-I have recieved ZIP from my last group. Anyone listening?
    Peter
    Peter - you're in my group, and I have sendt zip. I hope to get them printed this weekend, and to manage to get them shippped before I go offshore again.

We finally had a clear sky here, but I discovered that the 30 minutes of sunshine we got was not enough to expose even one single print. Back to the backup solution... May is a much better time of year. Even February is better - there's nothing worse than trying to print by sunlight in Norway in December!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    I do suggest that we try to distribute the expert printers more evenly, for example I didn't unsderstand why Gerhard Bock and Joe Lipka were lumped into the same group.
    Hi Don,

Sorry about that. I was the one that suggested the groups, since I think there was a request for suggestions. At the time, there was no feedback on the groups.

I did it based solely on who wanted to print twice - lumped those guys into the same group, then spaced them out over the next four groups and placed everyone else one into groups in the order they appeared in the original thread. I wouldn't know who was an expert. The only thing I know is that I am not!

I think it would help Carl out if people declared themselves experts or novices - via PM or by posting here.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford
    I hope we get a 100% exchanges but appreciate there may be reasons why people are late - especially at this time of year - in hindsight one to avoid in the future maybe.
    Hi Carl,

Welcome to the club of exchange organizers! Jeremy, Nige and I can fill you in on this. In another thread I have stated that there is about a 5% non-committment rate. That is, people who completely do not honour their committment, despite e-mails, PMs and other subtle and not so subtle reminders from the organizers. Basically, these are the folks that have no valid excuse, particularly since a few of them are regular posters on APUG.

The only sanction for any that do not exchange is to preclude them from participation in the future but I am not sure what the APUG guidelines are - one of the moderators might be able to answer that - but as I've said there is time yet and I believe we are a good lot
    Not only that, but between the exchange organizers, we have a list of those people who have not honoured their committments in any exchange. The idea is that if they don't honour their committment in one exchange, they cannot particpate in ANY exchange. No one on that list has signed for this exchange.

Actually, someone suggested that if the exchange deadbeats signed up, we should group them together, that way they'd get nothing from each other! I thought that was funny in my own morbid way.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Having been printing plt/pld since about Sept 2005...

I can certify myself as a novice - one that is trying to improve though

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Never done Pd/Pt, never done kallitype, on my first bottles of (home brew) cyanotype and van Dyke, second pack of POP paper, done two Polaroid emulsion lifts (both very successful, to my surprise) - very novice!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a novice too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So far then - (Novice Intermediate Expert)

To date:

N - Novice I - Intermediate E - Expert

Carl Radford - N
    John Brewer - N
    Art - N
    Ole - N
    Joe Lipka - E
    Mike C - N
    David A. Goldfarb - N
    Christian Nze - E
    Don Bryant
    Randy - N
    Jim Gali
    Aggie - I
    Jeremy Moore - N
    Mark
    Matt Miller - N
    Gerhard - E (sometimes )
    Steve Allen - I
    Menacing Tourist
    Diane
    Jim Moore - N
    Nige
    Peter Schrager
    Phil Dresser - N
    Last edited by CarlRadford; 12-11-2005 at 05:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since I did quite a bit of Van Dyke a few years back, I would classify myself in the OLD POOP catagory. Since that is not an option, and I figured out what my recent problems were, I will squarely put myself in the intermediate. I've also done quite a few cyanotypes.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm definitely a novice in albumen.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee, what's before novice...guess that will have to be it for me.
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin