Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,121   Online: 845

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Friday
    I am back from my travels and just found this thread.

Count me in for round two.

As for status, I am probalbly Intermediate, possibly "E". You'll have to ask the people who received images to find out for certain.

Love to do another exchange.

Allen Friday
    Give the man an "E". A very fine image and printing too.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka
    Give the man an "E". A very fine image and printing too.
    My sentiments exactly. A stunning image. Allen just told me in a PM how he did it. Wow...

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Some people have asked that each group have a mix of beginners and advanced alt-process printers, so individuals are ranking themselves to aid the organizers in forming the groups, so the beginners can learn from the advanced printers, and the advanced printers won't accidentally all get clumped in the same group.
    Oh, Okay
    Definately Novice
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Gerhard contacted me regarding the photgraph I sent fro round one of the exchange. He convinced me to overcome my reluctance to scan my platinum work.

I posted 5 images from my series "Sculptural Bodies" in the gallery. #4 was the one I sent out to group 5 of the exchange.

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Allen,

Thank you for posting these. I find your "Sculptural Bodies" series endlessly fascinating - it's a body of work unlike anything I've seen. Maybe you should describe how you achieve this look. There's quite a bit of work involved manipulating the negative.

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbock
    Allen,

Thank you for posting these. I find your "Sculptural Bodies" series endlessly fascinating - it's a body of work unlike anything I've seen. Maybe you should describe how you achieve this look. There's quite a bit of work involved manipulating the negative.

Gerhard
    Sometimes you get so busy you need a Gerhardt to shake you out of your stupor. PM incoming Allen.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    May should give me enough time to get some bromoils together. Count me in as a novice.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If it is not too late I would like to be a part of the next round. My good friend Gerhard Bock mentioned it to me and it sounds like fun.

Ray Bidegain

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bidegain
    If it is not too late I would like to be a part of the next round. My good friend Gerhard Bock mentioned it to me and it sounds like fun.

Ray Bidegain
    Ray is definitely in the expert category, I've seen his work first hand and it is very good.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    do 4x5 AZO contact prints count in this exchange??

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin