Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,096   Online: 1069

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received a lovely Pt/Pd print from Joe Lipka on Friday. Thanks Joe.

What I love about the exchange is that I get to see:
    • processes that I have not yet tried
    • excellent examples of Alt Print work
    • different presentation styles
    • etc

What I dont like is:
    • That I want to now try these new processes
    • knowing I still have 'a lot' to learn about the processes that I have tried

This is my second exchange and I must commend all on the quality of submissions that I have received so far.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer View Post
    Anke, Gene and Travis - they're on their way!

Jake.
    And the print has just arrived on Saturday, really nice work, I like the choosen pigment colour and the image very much and I will thank you for the words about yourself. I think I will do this next round too.

Carl count me in for the next round!

And I agree full with Phill's thoughts about the exchange, the prints I got so far are a stimulus to go on with and learn more about all these nice processes.

Best wishes
    Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received two wonderful pt/pd prints from Carl over the weekend. Thank you so much. Mine hopefully on their way next week at some point.

Thanks again Carl, not just for the prints, but for organising this exchange as well.

Geoff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks Gary...

your comments are appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by gwatson View Post
    Received two wonderful pt/pd prints from Carl over the weekend. Thank you so much. Mine hopefully on their way next week at some point.

Thanks again Carl, not just for the prints, but for organising this exchange as well.

Geoff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Two Prints...

well three actually:

Joe Lipka sent me two - both stunning - one from Chinatown, Vancover with a juxtaposition of kanji signage and a normal no entry sign. Also an image from the Labyrinth series that was published in Lenswork. The quality is stunning - and no the one produced from a digital camera has amazing detail - masterful and something I can only aspire too.

Rory - the man who had the temerity to suggest he might not be an expert - sent a stunning portrait the strength of which is incredible! The image is of Clarence Clemens whom I do not know - I did search the web and came across a Clarence Clemons - a sax player who is fantastic so if this is a mistake its a great one as I am about to order some of his music for sure - whoever the image is of it is stunning with wonderful blacks and a great range of tones and just lovely light.

More for my wall and thank you for images that will find space of my walls!

Carl

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Clarence Clemons also happens to play in a little combo called the E Street Band. If only I could remember the lead singer's name...

I'm lucky enough to have a copy of that print hanging on my wall, too. Plus, the maker is a hell of a nice guy...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received two print from Carl today. Lovely pinhole work Carl.

Thanks very much

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Carl,
    I'm so glad you like the print! It was a fun one to shoot, and fun to print!
    Thanks for your kind words I recommend his album Peacemaker, just sax and drums.
    Hi Kerik, thanks! (Kerik completely changed the way I print Pt/Pd, he's the man)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kerik - the man...

you should've seen him in a kilt and playing the bagpipes. I'm sure there are some incriminating photos of him knocking about - acting up on the last day of our course. But you're right Rory everyone should do his plt/pd course!

Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    Hi Carl,
    I'm so glad you like the print! It was a fun one to shoot, and fun to print!
    Thanks for your kind words I recommend his album Peacemaker, just sax and drums.
    Hi Kerik, thanks! (Kerik completely changed the way I print Pt/Pd, he's the man)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be nice if "some" people actually sent their prints. I got one from Art and that was it. In all the exchanges I've been in I've averaged about 33% of the time receiving prints.
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin