Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,258   Online: 821

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Stunning gum-over from Monty...

arrived today along with one of the nicest pieces of tin I have seen. Monty sending tin-plates could seriously impact on my marriage - come to think of it staying out with Kerik for a little while isn't going to help It will be a hit with the good-lady as she loved Keriks work and yours is up there too!

All the very best, Carl

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks to all in my group

Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    Todd's beautiful pd. print arrived yesterday. It's really subtle in it's tones and I like it a lot. Thanks Todd
    Me too! Thanks Todd and also thanks to Phill for his lovely blue tulip. All those prints are really a stimulus for my next creations.

All the best,
    Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received a lovely subtle PT/PD from Todd today which completes my round.

Thanks to Todd, Anke and Rory for making my group a success. Theres some real quality work going on out there

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Arrived today, and I will have to agree with Carl. Its a stunning gum over palladium from Monty. Monty, I would be interested in knowing how you maintain negative registration, given the variables such has paper shrinkage from multiple wetting of the paper. The tintype is also great, this intrigues me greatly, perhaps I will have to give it a try at some point. Thank you very much.

Fred

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Group 3...My prints are packaged and off to the post office. All are in the USA so hopefully within the week you will receive them. Sorry for the delay. Thanks
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I received a very nice cyanotype print from Art today, very nice indeed. Thanks!

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also received a lovely cyanotype from Art. Thanks very much. I really love it.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Fred and Carl,

Thanks for the kind words. Both of your prints were incredible as well and a favorite of the whole household. Fred, I am sorry yours took so long as it was shipped the same day as Carl's. I would have thought it would have made it to you first, alas the postal system here in the states continues to be mystery. Look forward to the next round as this one was so enjoyable.

Fred, as to the registration of the negative much of it depends on the paper chosen to do gum overs on. Cot 320 is a killer for just the reasons you mentioned in terms of shrinkage, expansion etc. Fabriano Artistico (sp) and Rives BFK are two that do a much better job of not changing as much for the process. I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge as well that both of those prints were done under the watchful and much guided eye of our own Kerik Kouklis as I took my weekend gum over glass with him. I was using old negatives and he was a wonderful teacher. You got the good stuff!!!! I have a long way to go to say the least. I am glad you both enjoyed them though.

All my best,

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    I received a very nice cyanotype print from Art today, very nice indeed. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    I also received a lovely cyanotype from Art. Thanks very much. I really love it.
    Thanks Folks,

I went a bit cyanocrazy a couple weekends ago. I think I made over 100 prints and over 200 postcards! My first time too. I think I'm set for these print exchanges for the next year ... 'till y'all get sick of my cyanotypes. It's really a neat process and I wish I tried it earlier. I'll be doing some more as I have some ideas now and also, in the future I wont mix the A and B solution all at once like I did this time - had to use it up - which is why I went all out. In fact, I had to throw away the rest yesterday as I don't think it's any good any more - there was enough for another 100-200 prints at least.

I had two UV lamps going all day and night for 3 days. I'm sure people thought I was growing certain herbs - for medicinal purposes only!

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-26-2007 at 11:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention that sometime ago, I received a nice lith on Forte paper from Gay Larson and a uniquely interesting 'sculptured bodies #16' PT/PD print from Allen Friday.

Thanks so much.

Like others I can't wait for the next round in August. For those interested, I am also organizing an alternative print exchange on Alternative Photography Forum at: http://www.alternativephotography.co...pic.php?t=2221 Deadline to sign up is tomorrow.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin