Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,657   Online: 937

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't worry, I've not mastered anything yet either. I just dabble a lot. It's my usual style I already have gum printing lined up as the next thing for me to try. I have nearly all the materials I need; it's just bits and pieces (getting proper pipettes and not using straws as droppers like I do with cyanotypes, some sort of mixing dish, dustmask for extra protection when mixing the dichromate, etc) I need to get together now. I have the basic ingredients & paper.
    On the plus side, cyanotypes are pretty cheap to get into and prefer cheaper acidic papers than some alt processes. I'm still using the original 100ml of each solution I mixed up last April. There was a little mould on Solution A but a disposible wooden chopstick fished that out easily and I haven't had a problem with mould since then. Bit odd.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I recieved a wonderful print from Anke, and I printed my stuff yesterday, so I will get my stuff in the mail this week.
    Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just received a wonderful cyanotype from Heather today, thank you.

I have also just begun experimenting with cyanotype myself. The printing out process is somewhat different from what I am used to, but learning.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    Just received a wonderful cyanotype from Heather today, thank you.

I have also just begun experimenting with cyanotype myself. The printing out process is somewhat different from what I am used to, but learning.
    With the colour paper, it's basically impossible to expose by inspection. Plus I'm only using an 8x10 contact proofer so not split-back anyway (and my only splitback frames are medium format sized) so I do testprints, covering up part of the frame and moving it along like you'd normally do, in 2minute increments for my UV facial tanning unit. That one took about a 4 minutes exposure.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just received Lillian's Platinum/Palladium print today. A lovely image of weathered roots, great detail, its a little jewel. Thank you.

I like the paper, is this the cold press surface? I had picked up some recently, to try with cyanotype, but mine has a very smooth surface.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    With the colour paper, it's basically impossible to expose by inspection. Plus I'm only using an 8x10 contact proofer so not split-back anyway (and my only splitback frames are medium format sized) so I do testprints, covering up part of the frame and moving it along like you'd normally do, in 2minute increments for my UV facial tanning unit. That one took about a 4 minutes exposure.

Thanks, very interesting. Sometimes you need to see other people's work, especially in the alt. processes, because it can lead to you exploring new avenues of expression.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carl, Geoff and Rory,

My apologies for the delay but I have now posted my prints to you all. I hope you enjoy and they servive the postal service!

Also, Carl & Geoff many thanks for the wonderful prints which you forwarded. Carl, yours was very thought provoking, well seen and I can imagine this as part of a series of images. Geoff, I just loved the glow and shine you achieved, plus the format was perfect.

Cheers John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I received Lillian's and Diane's prints yesterday. They're lovely, thank you Lillian's is neat - my husband commented it looked like a woodblock printing. Diane's is quite interesting. I like derelict scenes like that.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lillian's print was waiting for me when I got home last night. I like all the detail that you've captured in the roots and the hidden bricks. I even see something that looks like an eye looking out at me! How cool!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good News. I managed to print my overdue prints last night and will try mount etc and get them off this week.

Cheers

Phill

PS Its a moody kallitype
    Last edited by philldresser; 01-28-2008 at 07:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin