Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,465   Online: 1057

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe Diane's print has arrived. I will pick it up at the postal outlet tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hello,

Hope I haven't already posted this but can I be included in the next round ?

I've finally got round to getting my 8x10 outdoors - I didn't think the portraits I've been getting up to would be good for an Alt exchange, but I'm happy with some of the outdoors and still life work I've been up to in Ziatype ...

Keen!

dont want to miss out

I am heading to the harbour bridge again soon trying to emulate a print I owe Diane that cant print in Zia (old neg it turns out is not suitable) ... Its just too windy lately and the see breeze is even worse round there, but I see it everyday on my way to work - soon though!

~Nick
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Picked up Diane's print today. I really like it, the derelict sign is great fun. My wife also liked it a lot. The more I look at the whole plate format, the more I am liking it. It also gives me an idea what Arches Platine is like, as I have some on order. Looking at the paper, it appears that one side is rougher than the other. Is it possible to coat on either side, or do you recommend coating on the smoother side?

Thanks again.
    Fred

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    Picked up Diane's print today. I really like it, the derelict sign is great fun. My wife also liked it a lot. The more I look at the whole plate format, the more I am liking it. It also gives me an idea what Arches Platine is like, as I have some on order. Looking at the paper, it appears that one side is rougher than the other. Is it possible to coat on either side, or do you recommend coating on the smoother side?

Thanks again.
    Fred
    Fred,
    Glad you liked it. It was my first pt/pd print with a whole plate negative. I forgot how difficult printing in the winter was. We had reasonable humidity levels in the house for one evening and that was it.

I think it's recommended to coat Arches Platine on the smoother side. I have a 35 mm IR shot of that sign from a couple of years ago before it was blown over to what you see in the print I sent you. Yes, that damage to the sign was due to the wind!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two great prints in two days

The first from John - a wonderful salt print of a really unusual subject - love to see the entire series of images!
    The second from Rory - a cyanotype of a pool ball - wonderful - the good lady wife really likes it too. Not only that but a disk o some music to accompany it

Well pleased!

Now the other news - large format kit apart from pinhole has been sold. Digital negatives have been cracked - pretty much. Does someone else want to take on the mantle of organising the next round?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am a complete sluggard!! I am printing today and Saturday (sorry but I have to go Minneapolis tonight and tomorrow. My prints will go out on Monday I promise!! Sorry to all my folks but hopefully the prints will be worth the wait.

best,

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Carl, I am willing to take over the mantle of organizing. You are certainly more than welcome to participate, in this round.
    Last edited by FredW; 02-03-2008 at 01:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Todd, Phil, Anke and Erin,

My prints went in the post today. I hope you enjoy the work I sent.

All the best and sorry for the delay,

Monty
    Zebra

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    Todd, Phil, Anke and Erin,

My prints went in the post today. I hope you enjoy the work I sent.

All the best and sorry for the delay,

Monty
    Zebra
    I am a bit behind as well. My prints are going in the mail tomorrow (Wed.) Sorry for the delay.
    Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm late in posting this so Rory please accept my apologises, but I have received a splendid cyanotype which in its simplicity of subject matter is quite beautiful and the supporting CD is something else :-) Many thanks Rory.

Carl, thank you for the kind words I'm pleased you like the print, I need to print a few more of the set so when I do I'll endeavour to drop you a couple in the post.

Cheers

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin