Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,900   Posts: 1,521,090   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heather, I think it comes down to your own feelings as to where you are in the process. From your print I received in the previous exchange, you could easily be an intermediate. I think to classify yourself as an expert, you should be able to look at a failed print, you can intuitively see how you want to improve the print, i.e. changing the paper support, or the exposure time, etc., but that's just my opinion.

Then again, I have some negatives, which I know what I want, but have not yet gotten a satisfactory print, so I am still learning.
    Last edited by FredW; 02-03-2008 at 07:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: updates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford View Post
    Thanks for this Fred. Diane said she would but must have had problems creating the thread!? Give me to nearer th time and I will see if I have something from the 10x8 pinhole. I must admit that I have moved to creating digital negs and am putting my effort in that direction!
    Carl, if I had started doing alt processes now, I probably would also have pursued using digital negatives. But as I have the equipment, and still silly enough to haul it around, and film still readily available, I will stick to it for the moment. Anyway, I have too much fun looking at the 11x14 groundglass when in the field.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    I think to classify yourself as an expert, you should be able to look at a failed print, you can intuitively see how you want to improve the print, i.e. changing the paper support, or the exposure time, etc., but that's just my opinion.
    Well, I can do all of that in Zia/Pt/Pd but you see I dont know what I dont know ... hence the Immediate so if you are lacking 'Experts' count me in that if you like. (somewhere between the two really I guess)

Its dependent on process also, if I were to send Gum Bichromates or Photogravure's I'd be beginner and Cyanotype Intermediate and so on ...

I plan on doing some Ziatype btw - looking forward to see some new processes and papers! (not to mention some nice images )
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry group, it appears that permission to re-edit a post only lasts for so long, and I appear to lack that permission. Moderators is this true?

So I will have to do it this way:

So far:
    Fred - FredW (E)
    Nick - Nick Mulder (I)
    Diane - colrehogan (I)
    Heather - Akki14 (I), Heather did you want to participate this round?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred - it maybe that Sean is the only person that can assign moderator status which is what I think you need to edit previous posts!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah I can participate in this round. Could my level be left off for now? I'm intending on practicing gum printing lots so I might be a beginner in that (not decided what I want to do yet, though, give me a month or two...).
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, noted Heather. I will update when appropriate.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    After taking a break from the last round, I would like to get back into the exchange. I will probably do a gum over pt. I am an E in platinum, but a B in gum over--I will be taking a workshop on gum over in April. So put me down as a B.

Allen Friday

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    cant wait to see some of these processes,

Mine is just a boring ol' Pt print ... I might try cyanotype/Pd/Pd only if I dont have paper shrink issues - We'll see
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far,

Fred - FredW (E)
    Nick - Nick Mulder (I)
    Diane - colrehogan (I)
    Heather - Akki14 (I)
    Allen Friday - Allen Friday (B)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin