Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,340   Online: 1182

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A note to those in my group. I have the base platinum prints made and will be going onto the next layers this week. Sorry I am running late. But, I am working on them.

Allen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Alright everyone I'm in. The prints are drying as we speak so tomorrow they will get packaged and then put in the post on Monday. Hope everyone enjoys.

Have a great weekend,

Monty

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have recieved Fred's prints. They're lovely! I really like the platinum one as it's a very interesting. My postie is still being crap and folded them to shove them through the post slot! But it's not a hard fold so I don't think they're permanently damaged, just a little unflat now.

I have posted my prints just now. The lady at the post office was a bit confused and wouldn't let me fill in the declaration forms so I hope they still sneak through to North America okay.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    On Friday I recieved Fred Wong's prints. They are beutiful. The platinum print is exceptional in its tone and scale. The cyanotye is lovely. I am impressed with the extremely long scale in cyanotype. Thank you for the terrific prints.

Today I recieved Todd's print of the hard water stained wall. The tones are wonderful and the 4x5 size seems to fit the print prefectly. It is a beutiful little jewel. Thank you.

To up date all in my group, I finished printing my photographs this week end, but have not matted them yet. Unfortunately, I have to make a quick trip to Florida for business starting tomorrow morning. So, I will not get the prints matted and mailed until next week. Sorry for the delay. But the trip is business, and sometimes real life interfers with my true joy, photography.

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received Freds prints this morning. Lovely work Fred. Thanks!

I still have not matted mine due to work pressures but hopefully a.s.a.p

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received a wonderful palladium print from Todd and 2 cyanotypes from Heather. Thank you both.

Heather, I have made quite a few cyanotypes but never reached a deep blue as on your Banana shot. Is it traditional cyanotype or Cyanotype II? If traditional what is you dev and clearing process? What paper?

I think Todd and I have exchanged 3 times now and his work is quiet excellent. The palladium image he sent this time has a depth to it unsurpassed in any print I have seen. Superb (PM sent)

Cheers

Phill
    Last edited by philldresser; 06-11-2008 at 09:57 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: cant spell
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah, Sorry I realise now I forgot to say any details for the cyanotype. It's traditional cyanotype, normal solutions, BUT I double coat. That's how you get those dark blues. I use Fabriano "watercolour studio" 300g/m2 paper (cheaper student-y version of their paper. Comes in tablets only, I think?) and I just soak the print in water face down for about 4-5 minutes. The Fabriano stuff clears nicely without letting the cyanotype blue wash away... I've been trying out more expensive papers like Arches Aquaelle and the famous Buxton paper.. but both of those papers I have an incredibly hard time getting the unsensitised solution out of the paper in the same short timespan. It's a bit odd but I guess I shouldn't complain that the cheaper stuff works better.
    I have some Arches Aquaelle prints I gave up on soaking after half an hour and they're still blue & green.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heather, Phill, Allen:
    Thank you for the kind words.

Heather, sorry to hear that the package was bent, to fit in your mail slot. I had thought, the the stiffer package would suffice to discourage that, given the bubble packs I had used previously experienced the same treatment. I guess where there is a will there is a way. Maybe I will need to add additional cardboard to stiffen the package more.

Eagerly awaiting your contributions.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Jeff's prints while I was gone. The subjects are fitting for the cyanotype process. Well done, Jeff!

I am still unpacking from Foto 3 and will post in this thread again when I have some prints made.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I too received Fred's wonderful prints. Did you shoot 11x14 or is the palladium print an enlarged negative? Either way, I really like it! Water is a subject that I am constantly drawn to, and so I am drawn to your interpretation. Very nice! I also really enjoy exploring your cyanotype. How do you like this version versus your palladium version?
    They are both wonderful prints!
    Thank you,
    Todd

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin