Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,930   Online: 821

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Todd, I do shoot 11x14, its an old Seneca. The film was FP4+, bought during the last Ilford run. I really like the film. I like my palladium interpretation better myself, the tonal range is much smoother, and puts me in a very contemplative mood, where you can just explore the print looking for details. The cyanotype is much bolder.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I have received Jeff's prints this afternoon. Thank you very much for the beautiful prints!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today, I received Heather's, and Todds' prints in the mail. Thank you so much for the beautiful prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally finished my print mounting today and will post on Monday. Apols for the delay

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My prints are in the post. Lets see how fast inter-continental postage from UK can be!

Heather, yours went first class UK

Cheers

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am going to try and start making prints tonight. I am a major slug this time around and I apologize.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I received Phill's print yesterday. It's awesome, I have a set now! I like the print, it's more dark and moody than the other one which is bright and full of glowing light. Perfect partner. Thank you
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    I received Phill's print yesterday. It's awesome, I have a set now! I like the print, it's more dark and moody than the other one which is bright and full of glowing light. Perfect partner. Thank you
    Heather

Glad you like it but it's not the same print I hope? If it is I will replace it with another from the series.

I have printed these in various ways and the current trend is a little darker than originally. I'd be interested to here which you prefer and why?

Phill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Heather,
    I forgot to let you know that I received your prints the other day, and that I really like the intimate still life nature of them! You and Fred both gave our group a bonus print this time, and I feel like I short-changed everybody with only a single print!
    Thanks again everybody,
    Todd
    Oh yeah, it was great to actually receive prints from everybody that signed up for this round!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Phill,

No, it's not the same print but it's the same church, but facing the other way. I like the symmetry in the first "brighter" print with the glowing doorway and I like that it's more overall high contrast (nice highlights, nice shadows). But I like the darker one facing toward the alter too. They're a nice little pair together.

Todd,
    I only did two prints because I felt lazy making those pictures. I didn't nicely mask off the paper and it wasn't on 8x10 paper like I normally send out and it wasn't mounted. I didn't do paper niceties because I now realise the paper I was using is for some reason reacts radically different to what I was using previously (same brand, same paper name, different cyanotype reactions, I've now done side-by-side tests). I got frustrated and got sloppy.
    Also, my sincere apologies for not acknowledging receiving your print earlier. I've been admiring the interesting wall picture and shown it to a few friends over the last two weeks too. Thank you.

I believe we're still eagerly awaiting Allen's prints? I'm looking forward to seeing a gum over platinum! No pressure, Allen
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin