Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 660

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Alt Print Exchange Round 7, May 2008

I will be the new organizer, as Carl has asked for a new volunteer.

For this round please specify if you class yourself - or others do for those that are shy - as: (B)eginner (I)ntermediate or (E)xpert which will help in putting the groups together to ensure an even spread - again every attempt will be made to put people into new groups! Groups will be of 4 or 5 individuals each sending an image to all of the others in their group. No restrictions on process - as long as its an alt. one, nor on size or presentation!

Since this is an analogue exchange, the entire process should be analog, i.e. no digital negatives.

Please also include your first name if not your full name as well as your apug moniker to make things easier to communicate.

Thanks, Fred.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far

Fred - FredW (E)
    Nick - Nick Mulder (I)
    Last edited by FredW; 02-03-2008 at 12:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nick, are you a beginner?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    Nick, are you a beginner?
    Thanks for the invite - Feel free to check my gallery as I'm not too sure where I sit... not a beginner and not expert so to make things easy lets go with Intermediate.

I never found out >> do I print the same neg to everyone or can/should I go with different images ?
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Generally yes, you make several copies, and send one to each member of your group, in that round.
    Last edited by FredW; 02-03-2008 at 01:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for this Fred. Diane said she would but must have had problems creating the thread!? Give me to nearer th time and I will see if I have something from the 10x8 pinhole. I must admit that I have moved to creating digital negs and am putting my effort in that direction!

Shooter
    Large Format
    hello, I have printer durst epsilon plus. I use duratrans transparency for light boxes. Please help to find alternative

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisa_Candy View Post
    hello, I have printer durst epsilon plus. I use duratrans transparency for light boxes. Please help to find alternative
    That's kind of off topic for this subject but I use lith film which is no different from using normal B&W photo paper except you need weaker developer as it develops very quick. You can work with it under red safelights and has a similar sensitivity to paper. It's developed by inspection, though, rather than timing usually. It's cheaper to import some from the US from Freestyle than buying it in the UK, though...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    oh oh i'm going to ask something silly now too. How do you tell when you're an Expert? I've been doing cyanotypes for under a year now but I've probably done over 100 (albeit small ones) prints...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry Carl, I wanted to give people a week or two off before starting up a thread for another round so I hadn't tried yet. Oh well. No problem that Fred is doing it.

I will participate in this round as an intermediate (I).
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin