Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,124   Online: 1110

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Anupam,

That's a great idea. However with the restrictions on liquids the print would have to be about 1 inch by 1 inch. For a 20 x 24 shooter that would be a cardinal sin! By the way, I'm making your print for sure this weekend from my oversight from the last go round.

best,

Monty

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm still sort of deciding what to print I got my paper cut down yesterday and was all ready to mask it out then had a moment of "hang on, do I really want to print this?" and have been debating about what to print ever since.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Oh Heather

What problem you have :-). Do you have a lot of very good photographs on the gallery. I'm sure you will find the right photo :-))

Have a nice and sunny day - but ... in London a sunny day? :-))

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    I just want some clarification. Two of the folks who have sent me their addresses have referred to lith prints. I like lith, so I have no objection to recieving more - it so wonderfully variable. I took part in the lith print exchange earlier this year, as well as an alt print exchange. I've kinda got lith categorised in my head as a silver process, while alt encompasses historical, polaroid transfer, non-silver and such odds and ends.
    Is there a "rule" about this? Is lith included or excluded from Alt?
    For myself, I do not think of Lith as an alternative process. I think of them as any hand coated process. But in my search, the alternative photography site has lith included.

So shall we put it to a vote. Do you want to consider a lith print and alternative process for the purposes of this exchange?

Participants, PM your vote to me. Otherwise, I will have to exercise my executive privilege.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Group 3 (Mario, Diane, Carl, and Anke) I have sent your prints off today. I would expect them to take between 10-14 days to arrive. Enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just received the prints from Anupam, a nice cyanotype of a water spigot, and I think a palladium of a chair in a library.
    Anupam, for the cyanotype, what paper are you using. Is it the classical cyanotype, or Mike Ware's modern formula?
    I have been having issues with papers not giving me the depth of tones I would like to see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's the classic formula but developed in vinegar instead of water. The paper was Canson Montval 300gsm sized in gelatin. The other print was a Van Dyke, toned in selenium.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    For myself, I do not think of Lith as an alternative process. I think of them as any hand coated process.
    Like Fred I would prefer to get hand coated prints in an alternative print exchange.

Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    So shall we put it to a vote. Do you want to consider a lith print and alternative process for the purposes of this exchange?
    I'm not so picky when it comes to these exchanges. To me anything that is not gelatin silver or chromgenic is alternative - hand coated paper to Polaroid transfers to glass plates collodions to liquidlight on anything to liths to hand painted prints. I enjoy the variety and am not so dogmatic about what I get in return. Well, as long as I get something! I have hundreds of prints from these exchanges and enjoy all of them.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since the people have committed to doing prints for this exchange and if this is the only method that they employ for printing, I don't have a problem with this for this round. However, maybe it should be stated up front for future rounds what methods are (or are not) considered to be alt-processes.
    Diane

Halak 41

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin