Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,542   Online: 890

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I did a little research and find out that the oxalic acid preacoat helps neutralizing the calcium carbonate used as buffer in the paper. If the paper has no buffer there is no need to precoat it
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/3...tml#post385273

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recieved Benedict's cyanotype yesterday. The converging lines of the pipe and the pier lend interest to the image. It did arrive a bit crumpled, but I think it will flatten if I wet it and squish under books when dry.

I got my prints into the mail today. Let me know when they arrive. The one to Kamloops should only be a couple of days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    I recieved Benedict's cyanotype yesterday. The converging lines of the pipe and the pier lend interest to the image. It did arrive a bit crumpled, but I think it will flatten if I wet it and squish under books when dry.

I got my prints into the mail today. Let me know when they arrive. The one to Kamloops should only be a couple of days.
    Glad it arrived relatively safely; sorry about the crumpling. I'll try and find some cardboard next time I mail prints; this was my first time doing it. Should be straightforward to flatten though, as you say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also received Ben's cyanotype print last Friday. Coincidentally, I drove through Pacifica in November last year during a trip to the US. It was a rainy and foggy day so I missed out on seeing the pier!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    @group 1: My prints are done and packaged and they will go out tomorrow. I hope you like them.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's taking a little longer than expected for me to print, but I have some worthy images now. My darkroom is hovering around 50 degrees F, and the humidity is down below 25%, so my normal 6.5 minute platinum print now takes 20 to expose.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got Lillian's lovely Pt/Pd print in the mail today. Between this and Tony's print you all are seriously tempting me with this process! Stop making such nice prints!

:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Lillian's beautiful photograph in the mail today. Splendid composition and luscious skin tones through a gum over platinum finish. It's a real pleasure to open the mail and look at something which is so good for the soul!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recieved my beautiful print from Ruediger yesterday, it was such a joy to find in my mailbox.
    Very well done Ruediger! I hope to be able create prints of this caliber someday.

Adam

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also received Ruediger's print in the mail. I do apologize for being so late to get my print out this time. :o:o:o I am working my way through developing when I'm not working at night (it's the real busy time at work at the moment). :rolleyes: I will post back here when I send out the print.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin