Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,819   Online: 865

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Platinum and palladium toners what is their life expectancy?

Today during a salt print session trying out my new homemade UV unit I decided to make up a litre of platinum toner. I normally tone in gold but fancied trying something new. The recipe used was:

800ml distilled water
    2ml Platinum (20%)
    5g Citirc Acid
    5g Sodium Chloride
    and final distilled water to make up to 1000ml.

So having made this and used it to tone a couple of 10" x 8" salt prints what I am not sure about is how many prints will this volume of toner do or is it a one shot toner? I have kept the toner on the assumption it will be good for toning a number of prints before dumping or replenishing.

Can anyone provide some guidance.

Thank you

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not paying attention to what I was doing, I have managed to put this in the wrong place and can't work out how to move it!! Can it be moved?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Asking one of the Moderators to move this to the Alternate Process forum. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin