Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,096   Online: 715

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I printed six ziatypes with thoughts that the groups might be bigger, so I will have a few extras. The prints so happen to be my best efforts yet. If we end up needing someone to even out a group, or if anyone would like to get in a one on one exchange with me, please let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Will do Matt...

the more the merrier as far as I am concerned!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Wow now I'm intimidated. At least I have found my negatives, printing frames, chemicals, jars, huge box of paper from Bostick and Sullivan. I have no excuses. I have one fall back neg that I hope will be up to the standard the three gentlemen in my group set. I'm very humbled and honored to be in such fine company.
    Same here!

I made my prints last week. I suppose I could post a scan but that might spoil the surprise--or cause people to scream in horror and ask to be removed from the groups I'm in :-)

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Amendment to List

Hi folks, Doug has asked to be removed due to time constraints.

Group 1
    John Brewer
    Carl Radford
    Art
    Gerhard

Group 2
    John Brewer
    Peter Schrager
    Christian Nze
    Ole Tjugen

Group 3
    Carl Radford
    Randy Ellis
    Mateo
    David Goldfarb

Group 4
    Art
    Mark
    Don Bryant
    Mike C

Group 5
    Gerhard
    Joe Lipka
    Aggie
    Allen Friday

Group 6
    Menacing Tourist
    Gandolfi
    Jim Galli

Group 7
    Matt Miller
    Michael Slade
    Steve Allen
    Diane

We'll even thing out on Monday night as there could be more changes yet?

All the best, Carl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'm sure I'll have a spare too Matt...

we'll see when its all done and dusted...

Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    I printed six ziatypes with thoughts that the groups might be bigger, so I will have a few extras. The prints so happen to be my best efforts yet. If we end up needing someone to even out a group, or if anyone would like to get in a one on one exchange with me, please let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, now we're into groups now. Very cool.

Is there a size suggestion, and are the prints to be matted?

Thanks,

Michael Slade

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Size is going to depend on the medium, what camera each person uses, and whether or not they make enlarged negatives. I use in-camera negs, so my prints will be whatever size negatives I shot them with--probably 8x10", but I haven't decided yet for sure.

In the other print exchanges, it's each person's choice whether to mat or not.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would agree with David on the size...as to mat or not, while this would be nice the original intent (at least my take was) to allow others to see what different process look like - plt/pld, VDB, Uranium, etc. So, hope the guys in group 4 are not offended, but do not plan to mat mine.

BTW - it might be good if the APUG name were to associated with the name in the groups to make it a bit easier to identify the members of the group - i.e. Mike C = photomc.
    Mike C

Rambles

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I may mat mine - then again, I may not. That all depends on the image and what it looks like.

But one thing is certain: They will be unmounted. Not only because I don't have a mounting press (but my local framer has one, and does exellent work), but because my experience is that mounted prints have a significantly higher risk of being damaged in the mail. The mat is stiffer, but it will break instead of flexing. If the print is mounted, it will break with the mount. If it's only attached with hinge tape or photo corners it will be undamaged even if the mount is a total write-off!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've got some nice new 4x5 images to print as soon as my chemicals show up, which should be any day now. I will likely not mat mine due to costs though. Sorry if this disappoints anyone...

- Randy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin