Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,189   Online: 762

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holy CRAP! I just recieved the most beautiful print from gbock. Ummm...I'm feeling a little insecure here...just a wee bit inferior. There's no way I can produce something this fine. Oiy. Tomorrow's the day I print, so we'll see how things go, but DAMN Gerhard, did you have to place the standard so high?

Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 11-19-2005 at 07:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    I'm envious of those of you who have already printed! I have had crappy light for the last two days. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better. This really drives home how convenient it is to have a UV box...

- Randy
    At least you have a neg!

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Holy CRAP! I just recieved the most beautiful print from gbock.
    Art,

Gee, you're making me blush now! *I* was insecure because you guys are so good, judging from what I've seen in the galleries.

Your kind words made my day, though. THANKS!

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holy CRAP! I just recieved the most beautiful print from gbock. Ummm...I'm feeling a little insecure here...just a wee bit inferior. There's no way I can produce something this fine. Oiy. Tomorrow's the day I print, so we'll see how things go, but DAMN Gerhard, did you have to place the standard so high?

Art.
    This is what I'm afraid of in my group. I've only recently started printing VDB's again...oh well, best foot forward right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Gerhards Image has landed!

Finely printed and beautifully presented. The density in the black border is something that I appear to be missing on some of mine although this could be to do with the differing methods and solutions. The print really makes the image on this site appear pale and lifeless in comparison to the real thing! Thank you very much Gerhard for a wonderful gift - it has made my day and more...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford
    Finely printed and beautifully presented. The density in the black border is something that I appear to be missing on some of mine although this could be to do with the differing methods and solutions. The print really makes the image on this site appear pale and lifeless in comparison to the real thing! Thank you very much Gerhard for a wonderful gift - it has made my day and more...
    Carl,

And your comments made MY day!

In my experience, the Dmax depends more on the paper than on anything else. Your print is on Arches Platine, which for my purposes is the best pt paper available. (I know that others have reported problems with massive black spots caused by iron impurities in the paper but luckily I've never had that particular problem, except for an occasional spot.) I've tried quite a few other papers but none of them seems to produce blacks quite as dense as Platine.

The solution used was 90% palladium and 10% platinum, applied with a brush. The print was developed in potassium oxalate. All pretty straightforward stuff.

Thanks again, Carl!

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Today I received Gerhard Bock's 4x5 Pt/pl print. It is beautiful. Love the tones. He posted the photo in the gallery--and while it looks good in JEPG, the actual print is wonderful. It proves to me that the web cannot do justice to a really fine print.

Well done Gerhard. I should have mine ready to send out the first week of Dec.

Thanks,

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GAWD! Curse you Gerhard!

OK, so tell me - did you use the Photographer's Formulary Kit or equivalent? I got nowhere near the same denisty - particularly the 'blackness'. Damn, Gerhard! Tell me the password! Tell me now!

Just for the record, I also want to curse Jeremy for getting me interested in stuff and Carl for scheming up a way to actually get me to do this. Now I'm addicted, and since my rock is poor quality, cut with talcum powder, I want the pharmaceutical grade stuff. Like Gerhards...

ARGH!

Art (The saga continues...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbock
    All pretty straightforward stuff.
    Oh sure. Gloat why don't you? A pox on your nose.

Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art, allow me to help move the curve if you will...PM me your address and I will send you one of my prints...then you can fill better. My will be no where near as nice as Gerhards...but I do agree with you his work is very, very nice...have admired it for some time now.

GAWD! Curse you Gerhard!

OK, so tell me - did you use the Photographer's Formulary Kit or equivalent? I got nowhere near the same denisty - particularly the 'blackness'. Damn, Gerhard! Tell me the password! Tell me now!

Just for the record, I also want to curse Jeremy for getting me interested in stuff and Carl for scheming up a way to actually get me to do this. Now I'm addicted, and since my rock is poor quality, cut with talcum powder, I want the pharmaceutical grade stuff. Like Gerhards...

ARGH!

Art (The saga continues...)
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin