Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,902   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    4x5 is a wonderful size for platinum/palladium prints. I have several in my collection and would not want them any larger. Prints by Ryuijie, Jan Pietrzak and others.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mateo,

I think this is a wonderful idea!

Although I have not yet begun doing Alt processes I think it would be great to join when I do.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to have a go too but it would be cyanotype or Van Dyke Brown (as I have some of those mixed in my cupboard). Previous attempts have been half-arsed, varied and based on inkjet enlarged negs but something like this would get me to make a proper effort. I've also got a few 4x5 negs now to use.

So, if a 4x5 Cyanotype or VBD from a rank beginer can be slotted in to the mix, I'm in. If it can't, then no drama... I have RC postcards to print

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think 4x5 or 5x7 would be ideal but even strips of 120 could work as well. A print doesn't have to be huge to see how the process itself is working for the printer. If someone wanted to go larger that would be fine but keeping it simple and easy for shipping makes sense to me.

As far as which processes to choose, how about everyone who's interested just say what they would like to see. Allot would depend on how many people are really interested. We could have a group for just Pt/Pd another for Cyanotype etc etc. Or we could mix it up. The important thing to me is to let someone starting out in alt process see first hand how prints from someone else look. So Nige, I think the rank beginer is exactly who this is for.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    But here is what I was thinking: many of the handcoated processes have allot in common and many people don't have access to shows where they can see first hand what, for example, a well made Van Dyke print could look like. So an exchange and discussion of the prints could probably help some of us out. But this would have to be limited to processes that have enough in common to be of help.

that is a great idea!
    when i get my act together i'll join in

- john

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you guys want to try and easy and fun process, try making satista prints. Here is a good article:

http://www.alternativephotography.co...s_satista.html

it is sort of like a Kallitype but simpler. The final image is a silver compoaund but they can be quite cool and display many colors.

I would join you guys, but I have already too many prints promised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Alt Process Print Exchange

Has this venture died a death or is it that I can't find the current thread?

All the best, Carl

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Seems like it never came about, but there are alt process prints exchanged in the other print exchanges and even the postcard exchange (!). I think in the current postcard exchange we've got a carbon print, Van Dyke, and maybe a tea-toned cyanotype.

That said, I think an all alt-process exchange would be neat, and if I can get geared up in time to make some more albumen prints, I'd participate.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've sent out nothing but Polaroid transfers in all the echanges I have been involved in. I've recieved infrared prints, a full year calendar, and a PT print. So I think alternative processes have been incorporated into the regular print exchange and certainly makes them much more interesting.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm interested in an alt exchange

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin