Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,424   Online: 793

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Wrapping up my prints for Jim Galli and "MenacingTourist" now, but I need Gandolfi's mailing address so I can send his out. Sent him a PM already, but as I'll be leaving in less than a week I want to get it out before I leave.
    Me too.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

John's print has arrived...

and stunning it is too! My first climpse at a gum print and very impressed too. Very well presented and very professional looking presentation. Must brush up on these elements and I will be mounting my next set of prints - if people are sill enough to want to do it all over again that is?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FYI. Those in my group I just spent the day in the darkroom making Kallitypes, so as some as they dry and I can get them packaged, they are on their way.

Steve Allen
    magic823
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I got back from my travels today to a ton of mail and lo and behold several fine prints:

1. Carl's cyanotype is very interesting. But, I hate to admit this: I don't exactly know what I am looking at here. I think I am making out a clam shell, some snail shells and a sea creature of some sort. Am I right?

2. Don has also sent a beautiful cyanotype (tri-colour). I didn't know you could do different colours! I always though cyanotypes were blue so this print is especially interesting to me. His description is vivid and joy to read. I just wish I could be as elaborate and detailed. Thanks, Don.

3. Mike has sent a wonderful ziatype of a door. It's a simple and elegant print with a great range in tones. A very nice print.

Overall, I feel overwhelmed by these beautiful prints. I only hope you guys enjoy mine half as much. I have two more to print and will send these out soon.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Art, looking forward to your print...like I said, this makes the holidays last much longer...in a good way.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine went out today to Jim and Alan, but I still need Gandolfi's address!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi

I ship mine this morning. I also receive the 3 layers gum of John.
    In fact I just make a Platinum palladium print on my regular paper.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Art

did you get the pltpd print as well - the cyanotype was a bonus? Yes you are right it is a found still life apart from moving the 3 little shells a little closer together - the sea creature is seaweed attached to a shell that has been ripped up from the seabed. I'm not really sure the neg is as good as it should've been but it appealed to me and I was there

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Please be patient with me :)

I know it's getting close to the middle of December and I'm not sure I can have my prints mailed by the 15th. The good news is that between my first and second attempts I have made giant leaps in results. I think the third time will be the clincher.

Also, does anyone have Emil's (Gandolfi) physical address?

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, following scooterman's (Matt's) advise I went back to one of my darkroom enlarged Negatives. It worked great. I have all three drying at the moment. I will be Matting mine tomorrow and sending them out on Monday. I needed this kick in the pants to get back into VDB. I learned that my ability to enlarge negatives is better than my orginal negatives. Go figure?
    Non Digital Diva

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin