Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,642   Online: 793

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're both welcome. I really should see about doing that shot in 8x10 sometime.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    What I really like about this exchange is:
    • the fun it was to do platinum for the first time
    • the stunning prints I got
    • the feedback I have gotten so far on my first platinum print - thanks Gerhard, Don and Mike so far!
    • the next round
    Regards, Art.
    I've just received Art's print, (a long story but it was delivered elsewhere), and I'm bowled over. Roll on the next alt print exchange.

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer
    I've just received Art's print, (a long story but it was delivered elsewhere), and I'm bowled over.
    Hi John. I forgot to mention that I did get your gum print. I like the image and was intrigued with the gum process. It's quite a different look than PT, that's for sure. I might give this process a try the next round.
    Roll on the next alt print exchange.
    I second that vote.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Images
    Group 4

I was late getting mine out and the increased postal rates got them sent back to me. SO they went priority yesterday and you should have them soon.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Group 4

I was late getting mine out and the increased postal rates got them sent back to me. SO they went priority yesterday and you should have them soon.
    Mark, arrived yesterday...only the 2nd POP print I have ever seen in person (that I know of). Think you picked a good negative to illustrate the process, plus I like the print. Thank You..
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey guys,
    I'd like to get in on the next round if I could be spueezed in. I took part in the last postcard exchange and it was great to get a bunch of cool images in the mail.
    Thanks
    Todd

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Mark, arrived yesterday...only the 2nd POP print I have ever seen in person (that I know of). Think you picked a good negative to illustrate the process, plus I like the print. Thank You..
    Hi Mark,

Got my print yesterday, thanks. I've seen gold toned pops but not selenium. Sounds like the selenium has a bleaching effect similar to the one seen on VDB prints. You might try a solution of 10 grams selenium toner solution per liter of water. Thats the ratio that I know one fellow was using to tone kallitypes sucessfully without bleaching.

Anyway get ready for round 2!

Thanks for the print,

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

I got your print yesterday. Nice subject matter and very interesting. I like the complexity and yet simplicity of the image at the same time. I have a 'ignorant' question though. What is "POP"? I searched google, but I only came up with softdrinks.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    What is "POP"? I searched google, but I only came up with softdrinks.
    Printing out Paper. Usually this refers today to Centennial POP, which is a gelatin silver chloride paper manufactured by Kentmere and sold by Chicago Albumen Works, but albumen and Ziatype are also printing out processes. POP develops during the exposure without requiring a developer, and then it is toned and fixed.

Normal paper is DOP--developing out paper.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Art, Don, Mike,

Glad they got there. I forgot to mention in my letter that the packaging was intentional. Looking at a POP print on both a Black and a white board gives them really different feels.

Thanks for the comments.
    Art,
    I use the Kentmere paper because it is really really easy to set up and take down. It is pricey but I like what it gives. I should have put the manufacturer

Don,
    Thanks for the info I will try it.

Mike,
    I like the print too but the subject has bothered me since I printed it. I finally decided that there is too many hard lines. There is nothig soft about the subject. I got to thinking about and a tuft of corn silk would work really well. Too bad there is not a corn field for a couple of hundred miles.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin