Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1087

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Mike,
    I like the print too but the subject has bothered me since I printed it. I finally decided that there is too many hard lines. There is nothig soft about the subject. I got to thinking about and a tuft of corn silk would work really well. Too bad there is not a corn field for a couple of hundred miles.
    LOL Mark, I have been in your neck of the woods, Canyon de Chelly, a couple of years ago and yeah except for the canyon floor, bet there is not much corn silk around...petty rugged place. Don't know if you could take a like image, but maybe just slight breath fog on the lens would give it a softer look. Thanks for the tip with the black/white card...love the way it changes the image.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I will be interested !!
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade
    Alright...so I'm the loser out of our group. I have yet to mail mine out.

I promise I'll make it worth the wait.

Diane, your print is very lovely. Thank-you.
    Your package arrived in today's mail. The post office likes to stuff things in the mailbox. It survived though. Very nice prints and lovely calendar. Thank you!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I, too, received your prints & calendar Michael. Thank you for the extras.

I particularly like the jetty print, very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope that they make up for the uh...delay. Your prints are still hanging on my studio wall (read: studs).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've moved this thread to the new subforum for the Alt-Process Print exchange, and from the better-late-than-never department, I've finally printed up my albumen prints for Randy, Carl, and Mateo. Sorry guys for the long delay. Aside from an insane work schedule these last few months, it's taken a while to get things together to do albumen at home since taking a workshop this past fall. Thank goodness I stocked up on gold chloride before gold went over $600 an ounce.

I don't think I yielded enough keepers in todays batch to also have Round 2 printed, as I had hoped, but I did manage to identify a couple more negs that work well in albumen, and now I'm ramped up with stocks of aged salted and unsalted albumen in the fridge, a stock of albumenized paper, a running batch of sensitizer, plenty of 1-ply paper and chemicals on hand, and above all the SUN is coming back, so it shouldn't take so long for the next group.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

All the better...

for the wait

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I've moved this thread to the new subforum for the Alt-Process Print exchange, and from the better-late-than-never department, I've finally printed up my albumen prints for Randy, Carl, and Mateo. Sorry guys for the long delay. Aside from an insane work schedule these last few months, it's taken a while to get things together to do albumen at home since taking a workshop this past fall. Thank goodness I stocked up on gold chloride before gold went over $600 an ounce.

I don't think I yielded enough keepers in todays batch to also have Round 2 printed, as I had hoped, but I did manage to identify a couple more negs that work well in albumen, and now I'm ramped up with stocks of aged salted and unsalted albumen in the fridge, a stock of albumenized paper, a running batch of sensitizer, plenty of 1-ply paper and chemicals on hand, and above all the SUN is coming back, so it shouldn't take so long for the next group.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin