Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,850   Online: 997

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

So far we have:

Peter Schrager
    Christian Nze
    Ole Tjugen
    Randy
    Mateo
    John Brewer
    David Goldfard
    Carl Radford
    Art

Mark - if POP is considered alt process?

3-5 places left!!!

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I consider POP as alt/
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Is POP considered an Alt Process?
    I consider it so.

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm open for anything but would recommend breaking the group up into smaller groups of perhaps 4-5 persons so that we don't all have to send out 12-15 prints. That way the list can be open ended until cutoff date when the groups are randomly chosen.

Also, we will at some point need to specify exactly what meets the criteria for alt process prints. I don't like to exclude anybody but at some point we will lose the whole purpose of the exchange if everything from lith prints to Azo prints to enlargements made with a nylon stockings under the lens are included. I would personally like to include POP as the one gentleman was inquiring but we would need to all be in agreement.

Here's a list of which processes I would think should be included.

Platinum/Palladium
    Carbon/Carbro
    Cyanotype
    Gum Bichromate
    Van Dyke/Kallitype
    POP
    Albumen
    Salt prints
    Bromoil
    Photogravure

And if we have some crazy people out there:

Copper prints
    Chrysotypes
    Uranium prints
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interested, but could not get the 12-14 prints in the time frame mentioned. If broken down into smaller groups count me in. Sounds like fun, there are some really good printers listed here, so not sure the work is up to it...but more than willing to give it my best.

Uranium prints, huh Mateo...seems like I know a guy who does those.....
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Just wondering if there would be any interest in a print exchange centered on alternative processes. For those of us in the learning stages, nothing could be better than to see how the prints of others look. With technical info included it would be even more so helpful. Since most people figure things out on smaller negatives we could keep the cost of shipping down and maybe go with small groups as done in the regular print exchange.

Also, by alt process I guess I'm refering to contact printing process. Not to be exclusionary toward anyone. But it would probably help keep the comparisons in the apples to apples region.

Any interest?
    Would alternative process prints made from digital negatives be acceptable? I wouldn't mind exchanging with 4 or 5 people in a group. Currently I'm printing tri-colored gums made from digital negs.

Don Bryant

Images
    I missed the 12-15 prints. No way I could get time to pump those off. Half that is doable. I think groups of four woul be much better for me. But I am flexible.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don,I also accept alt print from digital negative. and even POP made from digital negative

But what will be the end date????
    Let's go for 4-5 groups but if the gtoup is limited to 12-15 just count me in each group
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I too would prefer smaller groups instead of trying to get 12-15 good prints in the time available.

And I don't mind prints from a digital negative, despite my tagline
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ummm...I don't think it states in any of the posts that we have to make 12-15 prints. In fact the one post that does list the 'requirements' clearly states, the particpants will be broken into groups of 4-5 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    I'm open for anything but would recommend breaking the group up into smaller groups of perhaps 4-5 persons so that we don't all have to send out 12-15 prints. That way the list can be open ended until cutoff date when the groups are randomly chosen.
    Am I reading something wrong here?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin