Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,842   Online: 956

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Okay, I've got a custard chilling for a couple of batches of French vanilla ice cream.

That's six more egg whites for the albumen jar.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to be part of this, too. Sounds like a great way to collect other people's work. I would make 4x5" platinum/palladium prints for the group.

Gerhard
    www.contactprintersguild.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would like to get in on the exchange. I do pl/pt and would be very interested in seeing examples of bromoil, Van Dyke, kallitypes and gum.

I live in the sticks, so it is difficult to find examples of well made prints using alt processes. Great idea.

Allen Friday

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a terrific turnout. Keep'em coming!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    I'm open for anything but would recommend breaking the group up into smaller groups of perhaps 4-5 persons so that we don't all have to send out 12-15 prints. That way the list can be open ended until cutoff date when the groups are randomly chosen.

Also, we will at some point need to specify exactly what meets the criteria for alt process prints. I don't like to exclude anybody but at some point we will lose the whole purpose of the exchange if everything from lith prints to Azo prints to enlargements made with a nylon stockings under the lens are included. I would personally like to include POP as the one gentleman was inquiring but we would need to all be in agreement.

Here's a list of which processes I would think should be included.

Platinum/Palladium
    Carbon/Carbro
    Cyanotype
    Gum Bichromate
    Van Dyke/Kallitype
    POP
    Albumen
    Salt prints
    Bromoil
    Photogravure

And if we have some crazy people out there:

Copper prints
    Chrysotypes
    Uranium prints
    yes - crazy....

what about - oilprint.
    and I have a question: Photogravure.. what DO you mean?

I do photopolymer gravures - a danish version of the old copper gravures..

I'll join, if any are interested.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK. This is exactly what I need to get me off my butt and back into Pt / Pd which I haven't done since '00. Wonder if the developer is still good. Looks like drain oil from the Jetta TDI. Count me in. I'll likely do 5X7's.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

I have been conversing with Mateo away from the thread and the idea of groups of 4-5 sounds good and that way we can leave the cut-off date for joining as mid Nov - in fact shall we say 14 Nov and prints due to arrive at by mid December hopefully avoiding most of the rush! Groups sorted out by names in a hat and picked by my good lady wife unless someone has a better option and everyone being responsible for sending on their prints to others in their group. If someone wants to be in more than one group then that should be ok too?! Mateos list to be used as what constitutes an alt print - or have some slipped through the net!?

So far we have:

Peter Schrager
    Christian Nze
    Ole Tjugen
    Randy Ellis
    Mateo
    John Brewer x2
    David Goldfarb
    Carl Radford
    Art
    Mark
    Don Bryant
    Mike C
    Joe Lipka
    Jeremy Moore
    Aggie ?
    Alan
    Gerhard
    DoughOwk
    Gandolfi
    Jim Galli
    Matt Miller

All the best, Carl
    Last edited by CarlRadford; 10-26-2005 at 04:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    The important thing to me is to let someone starting out in alt process see first hand how prints from someone else look. So Nige, I think the rank beginer is exactly who this is for.
    I am a beginner making palladium ziatypes, with just 30 or so prints under my belt. I'd love to join this exchange if there's room. I've only seen a few (like five or six) alt process prints. I'd love to see what's possible. There just isn't anything available around here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carl, Thanks for getting this going...it is appreciated and from the turn out and the level (from those like myself up to some well respected printers) what a great thing is getting done. Also, like the idea of 4x5 or 5x7 negatives for the most part...they tend to be much more intimate and what a great way for all of us to get to see what xxxx process looks like. You and Mateo deserve much of our Thanks.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree. Thanks Mateo, great idea! I'm firing up the 4x5 Korona this weekend to see what new stuff I can turn up for the exchange.

- Randy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin