Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,259   Online: 769

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford
    Mateos list to be used as what constitutes an alt print - or have some slipped through the net!?
    Would Polaroid transfers be considered? I say this just in case my PT/PD prints in the upcoming 2 weekends falls flat on my face (I'm a newbie at the PT/PD process) and that way, I have a backup plan!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks to this forum.........I just made my first Pt / Pd print in 5 years! After a balky start with some Ferric Oxalte that wouldn't go in solution, I coated some paper and made a picture. Whee! Not perfect but shows great promise.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Get it posted then Jim....

I'd love to see it! Art I'd love to see a polaroid transfer - never seen one in flesh!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, it's over in the standard gallery, warts and all. Lots of warts to work out. Having troubles getting a decent dmax. Jim
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looks like you were having a good time...

both when the image was made and in the execution of the print - surely that is what really matters at the end of the day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carl & all, I made the prints for the exchange today. 4x5" pt/pd of an old hacienda in Mineral de Pozos, Mexico.

Gerhard

Images
    Just took a close look at who is in this exchange. HOLY CRAP Batman! I am so outclassed it ain't even funny.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Just took a close look at who is in this exchange. HOLY CRAP Batman! I am so outclassed it ain't even funny.
    Ummm...fear not Mark, for I, Art, am KING of the outclassed in this field...You are looking at the bottom of the barrel here.

I just bought the contact-thingamajig-with-a-hinge-holder-thing (what is it called anyway?) today at B&H. It was the last one. Hopefully, next weekend will be bright and sunny with lots of UVA rays!

Also bought a kallitype kit from the Photographer's Formulary to practice!

BTW, I blame Jeremy Moore for my dive into making PT/PD prints. If he didn't send out a beautiful PT/PD print in the last Exchange Round, I never would have been curious about this practice. A pox on your nose Jeremy, a big pox on your nose!

Regards, Art. (Thank GAWD, my Polaroid stuff is standing by...)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ummm...I think you guys might have the wrong idea here. What made me think of this in the first place were the prints I have that were made by some gifted and experience printers. Having something to look at was a big push for me to see what could actually be done in any of the processes. I certainly do hope that anyone who would be interested in participating but is afraid because they are just starting out, would go ahead and join in.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Images
    Then we shall wallow in the mud together, art, for we are truely unclean
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin