Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,783   Online: 865

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And it is THAT thought that allows me to even consider doing this Mateo. After all it was one of your prints that gave me the desire to continue printing alt process. The feed back will be great if nothing else....that and the chance to see how others work looks in person. After all, how many Ziatype printers are out there? It will be fun, and really like the idea of 4x5 or 5x7 because it keeps the image intimate...and I like the size, nice to know everything does not have to be ULF to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Ummm...I think you guys might have the wrong idea here. What made me think of this in the first place were the prints I have that were made by some gifted and experience printers. Having something to look at was a big push for me to see what could actually be done in any of the processes. I certainly do hope that anyone who would be interested in participating but is afraid because they are just starting out, would go ahead and join in.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    It will be fun, and really like the idea of 4x5 or 5x7 because it keeps the image intimate...and I like the size, nice to know everything does not have to be ULF to be good.
    I showed a bunch of prints to a friend of mine last weekend, and he thought 4x5" was too big! I'm considering making 2 1/4" contact prints, just for the heck of it. I saw a 35mm contact print of a spiral staircase once, matted to maybe 8x10" or 11x14", and it was stunning.

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    I just bought the contact-thingamajig-with-a-hinge-holder-thing (what is it called anyway?) today at B&H. It was the last one. Hopefully, next weekend will be bright and sunny with lots of UVA rays!
    Art, did you check upstairs in the used section? I was there a few days ago and they had three 8x10" print frames for about $16 each. They were Premier frames--not the best out there, but functional and in good shape. I'm a little ambivalent about my 11x14" Premier frame (the build is a bit light), but the 8x10" frames seemed okay.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

35mm rules but...

I have had my two godchildren - aged 3 and 5 - here all week and we did some cyanotypes with feathers and leaves. I printed some stuff up for their mum and did the test strips in cyanotype for the hell of it. She loved it and I must admit I was quite taken. Then I went the whole hog and printed some of my images taken with the Holga on an old t-shirt - the kids thought it was great. Now what sizes are you folks

All the best, Carl

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I personally prefer small "intimate" contact print . I use a lot of different camera from 4x5 to 12x20 and even if I appreciate the 7x17 11x14 image I made I am more hypnotized by the small print, 8x10 look already to large.
    I once see a series of Sudek prints in my own hand and really I was just impressed by the small print.

Best
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know yet what I'll do - or even what size. 9x12cm, 4x5" or 5x7" are most likely, although 18x24cm is a possibility too. I doubt I'll make a 30x40cm, since I have no usable negatives in that size (yet).

I might do a tea-toned cyanotype or a gold-toned POP, or a van Dyke with or without toning. I haven't done Pd/Pt yet, it's hard to get the ferri-oxalate here in Norway.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Art, did you check upstairs in the used section?
    David,

I have no idea what brand I bought. It wasn't expensive though ($35) and it was 8x10 in size. Wooden frame, simple locking mechanisms, glass front, brass hinges. I think it'll do for the 4x5 negs I have.

There was only one person in the darkroom area that knew what I was talking about. The hinged contact printer was the last one and was wrapped in plain unlabeled corrogated cardboard. I wouldn't have even known this is what I was looking for.

Nice guy, he wanted me to come back and show him the PT/PD prints. I will too.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbock
    I showed a bunch of prints to a friend of mine last weekend, and he thought 4x5" was too big! I'm considering making 2 1/4" contact prints, just for the heck of it. I saw a 35mm contact print of a spiral staircase once, matted to maybe 8x10" or 11x14", and it was stunning.

Gerhard
    Funny you mention MF, Gerhard...Earlier this year went to print a contact sheet and the bulb blew in the enlarger. Since the other enlarger was on loan, thought I was stuck, and then decided to just do a VDB contact sheet. So now I have a VDB contact sheet from some 645 negatives. Have to admit they are interesting....will see if I can find them when I get home this afternoon, will post them if I do.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Ummm...I think you guys might have the wrong idea here. What made me think of this in the first place were the prints I have that were made by some gifted and experience printers. Having something to look at was a big push for me to see what could actually be done in any of the processes. I certainly do hope that anyone who would be interested in participating but is afraid because they are just starting out, would go ahead and join in.

My stuff is not up to snuff with a lot of the work that is in the gallery right now, but I still am participating. I hope that the recipients of my images are not disappointed, but I hope that the experience will help me to expand both my skills and my abilities.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    BTW, I blame Jeremy Moore for my dive into making PT/PD prints. If he didn't send out a beautiful PT/PD print in the last Exchange Round, I never would have been curious about this practice. A pox on your nose Jeremy, a big pox on your nose!
    Heh heh heh.

I too am a fan of 2 1/4 contact images. As a matter of fact, I am going to be making a few more of them this evening when I get done in the lab.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin