Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,271   Online: 823

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't see why we can't have it both ways. If some people want to post scans of their submissions for the portfolio, then we could create a portfolio gallery, and those who want to post can post, and those who would prefer not to, as Bartleby said, need not post.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jdef @ Apr 3 2003, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I understand the differences between a real print and a scanned one, as we all do, but if the attitude Brian expressed in his post prevailed there would be no gallery. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    I really don&#39;t understand your point there... Care to explain? I think it is great that Aggie has offered to scan the prints, and anyone who is interested in getting a scan should contact her. I for one will post a scan to the gallery if and when I want to. A lot of work goes into preparing an image for uploading, I would want to be able to tweak the scan to suit my tastes. Make sense?
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    When we first started to discuss this project it was borne out of the lack of quality scanned images have. So to scan them now is actually going backwards. That, said I suppose that when the portfolio has all 20 prints it would be good to have a locked gallery where nobody can upload or download the images. This would be good for the purpose of discussion and for members who did not participate to get an idea of the diversity of the work. At the momnet I would not want the image I sent scanned, merely because I would want to keep some kind of control on how the image looks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Aggie&#33; Glad you liked it. Still I think we should better wait to scan the images. I suppose that on the second go around when we replace the image we can scan the old one and post it. I kind of like the element of surprise the portfolio has at the moment, so I would be a little dissapointed if I got to see the images here before I got to see them for "real". I guess we can make an informal "vote" but I would preffer to have the scans at the second go around after of the "old" image.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree with Jorge.
    The surprise element is important, and I would prefer not to know what the images are. But as for scanning what&#39;s been taken out after the first round, that could be nice.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Not controversial, I think it was a nice offer and you could probably do a better job than me, so go ahead and scan mine but dont post it if you dont mind. Maybe when I fix my pc you can e mail me the file. Thanks aggie&#33;

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wow&#33; What Great photographs&#33; I really like them all&#33; I feel privileged to add my shot&#33; Jorge, fabulous tones and a great subject&#33; Les, really captivating image the way you shot this image, I really like it. And Ole, I absolutely love that nude&#33; She&#39;s beautiful and the image is tonally great as well. David, great shot and very interesting history. I&#39;d like to go there sometime. Cem, love the blue tone on that image (wish you had incl. the details), it works real well. And Aaron, I also like your image. Now I know what detail is available with an 8x10 negative&#33; lol Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the great work and I&#39;m bummed I not going to see the rest&#33;

I&#39;ll get it off to Brian here shortly. I still have to cut some mats and figure out which way I want to mount the print. I all have at home right now is some archival reversible glue so I&#39;m thinking of just taking down the corners with this. I&#39;ve never used it before so I&#39;m hoping for a reasonable level of flatness in the end. (gotta admit, the dry mounted prints are nice)

Again, Great work everyone&#33;

Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin