Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,433   Online: 941

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Apr 8 2003, 04:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The portfolio is now in Berkeley with Chris. I handed the case off to him this morning.

The scanner was broken and needs a tech to fix it, so no scans Jorge. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    LOL...typical uh?

Ok, got the print spotted and mounted. I used David&#39;s method of flattening prints under books (unfort. didn&#39;t get all the particles off surface first and have a couple of very small indents in image..aargh&#33 and corner triangle holders. Worked out real well excepts for indents. I&#39;m going to UPS it to Brian on Monday morning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Howdy, Folks&#33;

I&#39;m the last member on the list and can&#39;t wait until the mailing finally gets around to me.

But what I&#39;ve found surprising, while I wait for burros and row boats to do their thing, is the lack of technical (or aesthetic) discussion, on this board about the portfolio. Are the works included so far so well annotated that there&#39;s simply no need for further discussion, or was I wrong in hoping to learn a whole lot from this process (beyond the fact that others are likely much better photographers)?

Again -- I&#39;m not complaining. But I would like to know what to expect.

-Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Chris,
    I have found that, at times, small indents can be greatly alleviated and in some cases removed by using deionized or distilled water and a small spotting brush. By placing a very small drop of the water (approaching the size of the indent) on the indent and rewetting the emulsion that the emulsion will "swell" and rise to the level of the unaffected surrounding emulsion. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think the discussion of the contents of the portfolio will increase as there is more there to discuss and as more people have seen it. So far it has been to eight people, so there are 8 prints and of course not everyone has seen them all. I&#39;ve only seen my print and Cem Topdemir&#39;s, since we put in the first two prints, and we talked about them when we met down at the Caffe Reggio in the West Village of Manhattan. So give it time, and I think the discussion will follow.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have discussed David&#39;s, Cem&#39;s and Les&#39; print extensively with my wife, but nowhere near as extensively as she discussed mine...

It&#39;s still a little early to discuss online, too few people have seen too few prints.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys.

I just suspect that some of the prints will be eye-opening for me and I&#39;d hate think I won&#39;t learn from them. The interesting "long tonal range" thread suddenly put the worry in my head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    The portfolio has made its way to rainy Sunnyvale&#33; I am just finishing up the info sheet on my print, and am going to show it off to some coworkers today and tomorrow. It will be on its way Friday afternoon for monday delivery to the next on the list. Now I just have one question... which one of you submitted a photocopy of your butt as your print??? Just kidding&#33;

Brian
    hi!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bmacphoto.com @ Apr 17 2003, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It will be on its way Friday afternoon for monday delivery to the next on the list.

Brian </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    That would be me&#33;

lee&#092;c

I am gonna try and meet with Donald in Oklahoma some where so he can get a feel for the project. My print is ready for inclusion.&#092;

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin