Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,829   Online: 975

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 293334353637383940414243444549 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jorge, this is horrible. As a dog owner I feel for you, and would probably be on a psycotic man hunt to find the idiot who did this hit and run. Disgusted to hear anyone would do this, and terribly sorry for your loss.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Jorge, this is horrible. As a dog owner I feel for you, and would probably be on a psycotic man hunt to find the idiot who did this hit and run. Disgusted to hear anyone would do this, and terribly sorry for your loss.
    Thanks Sean, yeah the dumb b*tch wont be driving fast in a residential neighborhood again, I promise you that. Once I caught up with her I really beat the shit out of her car..I am sorry it was not a guy to take my anger out on him.

Thanks Brian, if you all dont mind I might just do that, hold on to it for a couple of days more...I just did not want to hold up the portfolio and ship it within the 5 days we promised to do so.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear about the bad news, Jorge. No problem if you hang on to the Portfolio a few extra days.

It would help keep things moving, if those who are coming up on the list would start working on a print before the portfolio arrives. What I've been doing is making an extra copy of anything I think might work for the Portfolio, and then if something better comes along, then I do an extra one of that, and I can use the previous one for something else, like a print exchange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge - my sympathies. That's really terrible news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    ....I got another request, so I think we're up to five right now on the waiting list, so it's looking like a second portfolio is a good possibility.....
    Hi David - been following this thread with real interest over the last few months. I'd be keen to get involved if that was possible somehow. I know I missed the last trip to New Zealand. cheers John McC.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    John, I think we're definitely at critical mass to start a second portfolio when it comes around to New York in I don't know how many months time. Send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, and I'll add you to the waiting list when I'm back in New York at the end of the month.

When it's getting closer and we have a real idea of who all the new participants are and where everyone lives, I'll start thinking about re-organizing into two groups and take up a collection for a second shipping case.

Shooter
    Large Format

The burro starts the long trek to the promised land tomorrow...

Ok guys the print is done and drying right now, the portfolio will be on its way tomorrow. I have the portfolio in my hands right now....ooops...spilled some coffee...........GOTCHA...

Ok, I dont know why everbody gets the portfolio, puts their print inside and gets it on the way without ever saying anything about the prints inside, there is amazing work in this portfolio. So hopefully I am starting a tradition.

The pt/pd prints, Joe Lipka's and Clay's prints are the epitome of what a pt/pd print should be. They made ordinary places look beautiful and compelling. Joe took a picture of a friend's kitchen that was being renovated...he specially made me mad because he used Cranes platinotype, a paper that only resulted in crap for me.....Clay pictured the attic in his house, how many of you have ever thought of taking a picture of this? his print is beautiful, I have the privilege to have the same print in 5x7 (Clay's portfolio print is 5x10) and it never ceases to amaze me. For some reason, Clay's print shrunk on the way here (the burro must have gotten it wet) and all you guys will see is the 5x7.

Ole sent a lith print, the first lith print I have ever seen. Ole is a very good photographer and printer, so I have plenty of confidence when I say that if this is the best that can be obtained from a lith print, I dont like them. This is no reflection on Ole I know for a fact that he can make beautiful full toned prints. Besides this is the purpose of the portfolio, to get exposed to different things so we can appreciate other techniques and make a judgments as to whether we would like to try them or not.

MrCallow sent two prints of his wife, beautiful portraits with very well used lighting, they remind me a lot of Hurrel prints, the old fashion Hollywood type of portrait. Very well done, Callow, I said it before, I will say it again, she is way too cute for you..

Nigel Smith sent a silver print of water and rock. You would think, how boring, how many times has this been done! but his print is very unusual in that the rocks are very dark and the flow of the water very white, both with detail and there is very little gray in the print. The subject was handled superbly.

Chuck Pere made my favorite print of all the portfolio, his print would have made Ansel Adams green with envy....nothing more to be said about this print. Unfortunately the burro got hungry and chewed it up, so it is a shame the rest of you guys wont get to see it...

Lee Carmichael sent an 8x10 contact print from his San Antonio Missions portfolio....I guess there is no need to say more...superb!

James Chinn sent a night shot...I wont spoil it by telling you, but it is very interesting.

Jay De Fehr's contact print of his son, the way it was toned and seen is living proof you dont need the latest glass or the super duper enlarger to produce quality work. Beautiful print Jay....BTW you better get on your knees and thank God the kids look like their mother...

Certainly all the work is wonderful and shows a high degree of talent and craft, these were just the photographs that I liked the most.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Ok guys the print is done and drying right now, the portfolio will be on its way tomorrow. I have the portfolio in my hands right now....ooops...spilled some coffee...........GOTCHA...
    hehe!

Ok, I dont know why everbody gets the portfolio, puts their print inside and gets it on the way without ever saying anything about the prints inside, there is amazing work in this portfolio. So hopefully I am starting a tradition.
    Bit like a solo visit to a gallery! I do this quite often. I have a gallery nearish by that I pop up to during lunch time from work. I always go alone. I think there was some discussion early on about scanning prints and putting them up for discussion. I guess this would be possible but it would probably have to wait until the person replaceed their print so those yet to see it would have the surprise element that I think is an integral part of receiving the portfolio. Trouble with this is unless you write comments when you've got the portfolio, you won't remember what you were wanting to say!

Ole sent a lith print, the first lith print I have ever seen. ... I dont like them.
    Ole's print was one of my favourites... a case of the old 'different strokes for different folks!'

Nigel Smith....
    Thanks very muchly!

Chuck Pere made my favorite print of all the portfolio, his print would have made Ansel Adams green with envy....nothing more to be said about this print. Unfortunately the burro got hungry and chewed it up, so it is a shame the rest of you guys wont get to see it...

Your lucky it's not on my wall and yout burro got to eat it!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was going to write about the portfolio pictures...

But my PC is in a crowded, messy room, and I like to see what I write about. Besides, I felt that I really started looking closely at the prints I would never be able to send them on to the next member

I consider it a privilege to be able to see so many, and so varied, prints from so many exellent printers in so many different (and interesting) styles and techniques.

And the variation in techniques was what prompted me to include a lith print. Not only is it one of my first successful ones, it is also lith printed for all the wrong reasons? So Jorge, be assured that most lith prints don't look like mine. Nige, same to you, but thank you as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nige

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jorge
    Ole sent a lith print, the first lith print I have ever seen. ... I dont like them.
    :etouQ

Ole's print was one of my favourites... a case of the old 'different strokes for different folks!'
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Images
    Anyone got an update on the portfolio? How much time do I have?
    hi!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin