Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,661   Online: 955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping costs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have three prints in one of the portfolios. Two portraits and a shot of a rail station.
    These two can come out. I don't have an image of the third so it can stay. I'll pay shipping. PM me and i'll give you an address.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mount an overmat with 2-ply board. I do that for my personal interview portfolio. The 2-ply saves weight, space, and expense, and does a satisfactory job of securing and protecting the print.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've just put one of the portfolios in the mail from Australia to the US for about $A55. That is a bit expensive but it's well worth it to participate and see others' prints. If it's a once a year expense, I don't think it's a big deal.

I hadn't seen this thread until now so my print's mounted and matted, I really liked seeing others the same way. From now on I'll use 2 ply. This portfolio has a number of platinum prints and other contact prints, hopefully it might include a carbon transfer print soon (Vaughn?). I tend to think these alternative, especially irreplacable, prints should have as much protection as the creator wants and I wouldn't want anyone to be dissuaded from putting them in.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Matt wrote: "This portfolio has a number of platinum prints and other contact prints, hopefully it might include a carbon transfer print soon (Vaughn?)."

That's my plan! Sounds like I need to sell a print or two to be able to afford to ship it off after it arrives!

vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good news Vaughn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Matt wrote: "This portfolio has a number of platinum prints and other contact prints, hopefully it might include a carbon transfer print soon (Vaughn?)."

That's my plan! Sounds like I need to sell a print or two to be able to afford to ship it off after it arrives!

vaughn
    Matt Gorringe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin