Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,515   Online: 899

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received two versions of the same print from Roger Cole. This is actually my favorite theme - photos of musicians playing. It's amazing how different the two prints feel. My favorite is the one on Arista Silver Artist paper. At first I thought this is a platinotype. It looks really stunning! A perfect match for the photo.

On your comment about toning Arista paper: I guess it is a cold-tone emulsion if it resists brown toner. I would try a two-step brown toner on it. Bleach it first and then tone it. It should work.

Once again, thank you very much Roger, that was a nice surprise!

Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most welcome Eugene, glad you liked it. I do plan to try that (and also see how it responds to selenium, maybe by getting colder if it's cold tone. It's reported to be Varycon VC emulsion on that cotton paper.) Last I looked the 8x10 is still sold out but it's been a big hit and they're supposed to get more. I just got some 11x14.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was there ever a sign-up for Round 16? It was supposed to happen over this past July.

I had to skip Round 15 for personal and professional reasons. But I was looking forward to the next one. I also noticed that Harry's last APUG activity was three months ago on 4/30/12.

Does anyone know anything more?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Medium Format

quiet

as you noted, harry has been quiet here... hope he is well... anybody know anything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called Harry last week and he is OK but life is getting in a way of his hobbies as it often tends to do. So, anyone for a round of BPX 16? We could start sign up in September with prints to be sent by the end of November.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    I called Harry last week and he is OK but life is getting in a way of his hobbies as it often tends to do. So, anyone for a round of BPX 16? We could start sign up in September with prints to be sent by the end of November.
    In always in!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Things have cleared for me right now, so I'd be in as well...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great. I have just posted a sign-up thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/...up-thread.html
    I will ask Sean to make it sticky...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be in for that. I have some time off scheduled in October with a four day "weekend" when my wife is off work. She'll be at a writer's conference for two days of that too so I'll have time to print.

I love my life but I could so do with 48 hours in each day or, by preference, the same income without all that working for the paycheck stuff!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I finally was able to send my print ! I'm absolutely sorry for being so awfully late...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin