Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,241   Online: 1023

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So how do you guys ship prints? Flat with stiffening material, or in tubes? Resin coated okay, or only FB?
    Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    So how do you guys ship prints? Flat with stiffening material, or in tubes? Resin coated okay, or only FB?
    Everybody uses his/her method. I've done flat in an envelope between two cardboard pieces. Lately I switched to tubes because of the size of the prints I've been mailing. Either RC or FB is fine.

Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot to mention in the announcement of the thread. Please let me know if you would rather ship your print within the same continent or worldwide. With shipping costs going through the roof, not everyone can afford to mail that 40x60 inch print to the other side of the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of the above. Although it's not required, I like to mount and matte my submissions so I usually ship in a flat box enclosed in bubble wrap. I have received prints in boxes, stiffened envelopes, and rolled into tubes. The envelopes, especially coming from overseas, don't always hold up very well. Tubes are bulletproof for unmounted prints. Both RC and FB are fine.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    I forgot to mention in the announcement of the thread. Please let me know if you would rather ship your print within the same continent or worldwide. With shipping costs going through the roof, not everyone can afford to mail that 40x60 inch print to the other side of the world.
    I thought the blind prints were all postcard sized and that's why the shipping was do-able?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I thought the blind prints were all postcard sized and that's why the shipping was do-able?
    They are in the postcard exhanges...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format

Actually, there is no restriction on size at all. It could be a contact print of your favorite shot from Minox camera (please include a loupe for those of us with older eyes), or a 5X enlargement from your dumpster pinhole cam: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/0...nhole-cameras/ The latter one might incur some noticeable shipping charges, especially if you matte and frame it.

Ken, Uwe and Paul, I assume that your addresses have not changed. Please PM me if that's not true.

StoneNYC, I don't have your address - please send me a PM with it and I'll add you to the list.

Here's my latest list of participants:

Eugene (anikin)
    Bert (TheToadMen)
    John (JohnRichard)
    Edward (Ed Bray)
    Ken (Ken Nadvornick)
    Uwe (piu58)
    Paul (paul_c5x4)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to participate! It might pull me out of my "summer sleep"..
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Actually, there is no restriction on size at all. It could be a contact print of your favorite shot from Minox camera (please include a loupe for those of us with older eyes), or a 5X enlargement from your dumpster pinhole cam: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/0...nhole-cameras/ The latter one might incur some noticeable shipping charges, especially if you matte and frame it.

Ken, Uwe and Paul, I assume that your addresses have not changed. Please PM me if that's not true.

StoneNYC, I don't have your address - please send me a PM with it and I'll add you to the list.

Here's my latest list of participants:

Eugene (anikin)
    Bert (TheToadMen)
    John (JohnRichard)
    Edward (Ed Bray)
    Ken (Ken Nadvornick)
    Uwe (piu58)
    Paul (paul_c5x4)
    Wait so there is a SEPARATE postcard exchange?

All of my "prints" will be of the non-wet kind FYI, I've finally gotten an enlarger thanks to a very amazing APUGer, but it won't be set up for another year or so I'll be printing through a lab... Is that allowed?

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wait so there is a SEPARATE postcard exchange?

All of my "prints" will be of the non-wet kind FYI, I've finally gotten an enlarger thanks to a very amazing APUGer, but it won't be set up for another year or so I'll be printing through a lab... Is that allowed?

Stone:

Read the FAQ thread linked to in the first post in the thread.

Sort of like the "Instruction Manual"

And yes, there are a number of different exchanges here on APUG. See the "Member Organized Functions" forum: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin