Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,306   Online: 814

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I signed up again. I like sending and receiving prints from around the world!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

In essence, if the prints are not ink on paper, they are okay.
    EDIT: And of course, the original "capture" must be analogue in nature (usually photographic film).
    WOW: I feel a whole new style of alternative photography arising: the analogue N.I.O.P. print.
    Just short: this is an "Aniop print" exchange.

Or to be more precise: a "not ink on paper & analogue in nature" print = a N.I.O.P.A.I.N. print

BTW: Bromoil printing isn't excluded, is it ??
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post

BTW: Bromoil printing isn't excluded, is it ??
    I knew someone would come up with an exception to my attempt to simplify the answer.

As long as the ink is put down by an inkjet printer, I would think Bromoil will meet the criteria.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I knew someone would come up with an exception to my attempt to simplify the answer.

As long as the ink is put down by an inkjet printer, I would think Bromoil will meet the criteria.
    Bromoil printing doesn't involve any inkjet printing: you're the printer yourself! It is a very old printing process, wherein the silver in the image is replaced by ink. The Bromoil printing process was invented in 1907 be Englishman C. Welbourne Piper on a suggestion from E.J. Wall.

In short: print an image (conventional B&W print on a fibre based bromide paper from a negative), bleach, keep paper wet while stamping ink (any colour(s) you choose) on it with a special brush.
    See: Making a Bromoil print for a better description.

It's one of my favorite alt-photo processes.
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I called my photo lab, they say their prints are still chemical even though the file is a digital scan of a chrome, which works for me, so I'll be able to do it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bromoil printing doesn't involve any inkjet printing: you're the printer yourself! It is a very old printing process, wherein the silver in the image is replaced by ink. The Bromoil printing process was invented in 1907 be Englishman C. Welbourne Piper on a suggestion from E.J. Wall.

In short: print an image (conventional B&W print on a fibre based bromide paper from a negative), bleach, keep paper wet while stamping ink (any colour(s) you choose) on it with a special brush.
    See: Making a Bromoil print for a better description.

It's one of my favorite alt-photo processes.
    Bert:

I know.

Bromoils are beautiful, individual pieces of Art.

I just wanted to make sure that someone doesn't try to use an inkjet printer to try to make one for this exchange!

EDIT: I don't think we have heard from Gene Laughter in a long time here on APUG. I wonder how he is doing?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Anikin,

I'm in again.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

##WARNING: reading this message may harm your sanity: it contains digital words##

Bert:
    I know.
    Bromoils are beautiful, individual pieces of Art.
    I just wanted to make sure that someone doesn't try to use an inkjet printer to try to make one for this exchange!
    Hi Matt,
    I thought so, since you wrote: "As long as the ink is put down by an inkjet printer, I would think Bromoil will meet the criteria." I wasn't sure.
    I suppose you mend: "As long as the ink is NOT put down by an inkjet printer ..." to avoid people thinking that Bromoil is a new kind of Quad Tone RIP or Epson Ultrachrome ink???
    (Am I even allowed to use such words on APUG?)
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    (Am I even allowed to use such words on APUG?)
    Most certainly not.... /me wanders off to give Van Helsing a call...

However, this "ink on paper" discussion does raise a question about another process - Carbon prints. No intermediate silver based paper used, just whack a layer of India Ink on to a sheet of paper and expose (OK, ink is mixed with gelatin and the process is a little more involved).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Imagine if the person who gets my print really dislikes me but likes the print, oh the irony and confusion...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin