Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,588   Online: 1095

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Will wait until the 30 counter is racked up.

Meanwhile - the prints, are they supposed to be only those made in a darkroom, or would a scanned print do too?
    Scanned negatives are not allowed, but scanned transparencies are because getting ahold of ilfochrome/cibichrome papers and chemistry is nearly impossible since it's no longer made, so they made that exception (I know this because that's my situation) there's a way to do this where you scan it and then send it to a printer that does chemical printing from digital images, if can NOT be an ink print though, has to be chemically printed, so make sure your lab does that... many labs now don't use chemicals to process their prints anymore so you have to be sure.

That said, read the FAQ

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/...-exchange.html
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Scanned negatives are not allowed, but scanned transparencies are because getting ahold of ilfochrome/cibichrome papers and chemistry is nearly impossible since it's no longer made, so they made that exception (I know this because that's my situation) there's a way to do this where you scan it and then send it to a printer that does chemical printing from digital images, if can NOT be an ink print though, has to be chemically printed, so make sure your lab does that... many labs now don't use chemicals to process their prints anymore so you have to be sure.

That said, read the FAQ

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/...-exchange.html

quite confused by those words in italics above.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    quite confused by those words in italics above.
    Not sure what browser you're using, what words in italics are you referring to? I don't see any words in italics...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not sure what browser you're using, what words in italics are you referring to? I don't see any words in italics...
    Yes, you do, if you follow your own link about the FAQ

Is says:
    "NEW MINIMUM POST REQUIREMENT This is an open exchange and all printers are welcome. However, I think it should be something special for members here on APUG that participate. Therefore, there is a minimum requirement of 30 posts by members in order to qualify to participate in the Blind Print Exchange. We have had great exchanges in the past and I do not foresee problems in the future. If you do not have the required post count, please wait until you do. We will welcome you into the exchange at that time. For those who have less than the required posts but have participated in the past you will, of course, be grandfathered into future rounds."
    Maybe that's why he is waiting for the count of 30 ....
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post

Is says:

OH that doesn't look like italics on my screen haha, apparently MY BROWSER is the one that's broken haha, also, it's the 29th and I thought he was saying that we were off to the races tomorrow because it was the 30th of the month...

With my post count... having 30 posts probably took me about an hour LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post

Is says:

That is the 30, I was referring to, however the italics I was referring to, was in my own post above, quoting stone-NYC.
    Hehe, much confusion.

- via tapatalk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OH that doesn't look like italics on my screen haha, apparently MY BROWSER is the one that's broken haha, also, it's the 29th and I thought he was saying that we were off to the races tomorrow because it was the 30th of the month...

With my post count... having 30 posts probably took me about an hour LOL

Hahaha.
    And going back to my confusion, it was re post 62, where I quoted you in italics - those words in italics. :-)

- via tapatalk.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hahaha.
    And going back to my confusion, it was re post 62, where I quoted you in italics - those words in italics. :-)

- via tapatalk.
    With this particular exchange (there are a few different ones, this is the "blind print exchange") you can only send prints made with traditional processes, like developing film, and printing "the old fashioned way" with an enlarger and print paper and chemicals to develop the film.

There is ONE exception, and that is if you use Transparency film AKA slide film AKA E-6 processed film. The reason is that the kind of paper and chemicals that you need to print these with an enlarger are no longer available unless you have a stash hidden away, so ONLY with slide film, you can scan them and then have a lab print them. But labs these days have two main options on how they print, they can use their new printers which (I'm making this basic guys, I know this isn't exact) will print a photo just like a home printer can print a photo with ink onto photo paper, there are no chemicals or developing involved. The OTHER way to print is a fancy machine that MIMICS an enlarger, and the image is then "enlarged" onto print paper in a dark room and developed in chemicals just like the "old fashioned way". So for this exchange they ONLY allow CHEMICAL DEVELOPING for the printing part, so you have to call your local printer and make sure they are printing with chemicals, and not printing with ink.

Does that sort of make sense?

This is all in the FAQ, but if you're not familiar with the terms they use "light jet printer" you won't know what they mean so that's why I'm attempting to spell it out for you.

Still confused?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I understand now, thanks. I only saw the 30 post limit(on the faq), must have skimmed through the rest of the post!

- via tapatalk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right. Sign me up as well.
    I must mention that getting an analogue print is almost next to impossible here, with everyone having moved digital and processing itself being in about half dozen places only (and this in a city with ~9 million ppl) will still try to get one.

- via tapatalk.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin