Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,096   Online: 713

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Printing finished! Shipping tomorrow, unless something like sharknado comes, in which case TBA.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woo hoo! I'm not the last one again.

Just returned from handing my package to the nice post office lady. And US$24.15 to go with it. She said that buys 6-10 business days.

Eugene, you can now mark me as SENT AND RECEIVED (DONE!!!!!).

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Ken, my print package was handed today to the Post Office.

In my case, it was $15.20. It has a fair distance to go.

So I can be marked down as "SENT"

So far I have not received.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I still look at my print every day, it just happens to be sitting on my scanner that's why, anyway I think it's funny because I was expecting some kind of critique of my work at some point, and the one that I did of the person who sent it to me was actually quite thorough but also a little demanding and harsh, but i've realized that his image has way more information in it than mine does, mining is a simple color landscape with not a lot of things going on so there's not much to critique actually. I think next time I'm going to have to send something a lot more detailed. Because I don't optically print and only send my stuff off to a light-jet printer to have it chemically processed, I felt as if it made more sense to "be fair" if I simply made a color image that was made from a transparency, this way the image normally wouldn't have been easily printable anyway, versus a black-and-white image which could theoretically be done with an enlarger. I think next time if I'm still not set up with a dark room, which I know I won't be, I'll send a black-and-white image anyway even if it has to be like jet printed by Dwayne's photo because it will have a lot more detail and things going on. My color stuff tends to be less elaborate and more "pretty" skylines etc.

I don't know why am telling you all this, except that it was on my brain and I just needed to spit it out.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sent! Finally. Hope you enjoy.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2
    - J. Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I still look at my print every day, it just happens to be sitting on my scanner that's why, anyway I think it's funny because I was expecting some kind of critique of my work at some point, and the one that I did of the person who sent it to me was actually quite thorough but also a little demanding and harsh, but i've realized that his image has way more information in it than mine does, mining is a simple color landscape with not a lot of things going on so there's not much to critique actually. I think next time I'm going to have to send something a lot more detailed. Because I don't optically print and only send my stuff off to a light-jet printer to have it chemically processed, I felt as if it made more sense to "be fair" if I simply made a color image that was made from a transparency, this way the image normally wouldn't have been easily printable anyway, versus a black-and-white image which could theoretically be done with an enlarger. I think next time if I'm still not set up with a dark room, which I know I won't be, I'll send a black-and-white image anyway even if it has to be like jet printed by Dwayne's photo because it will have a lot more detail and things going on. My color stuff tends to be less elaborate and more "pretty" skylines etc.

I don't know why am telling you all this, except that it was on my brain and I just needed to spit it out.
    Stone:

You should send a print that you like, not one that is intended to appeal to what you imagine to be another person's preference.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Stone:

You should send a print that you like, not one that is intended to appeal to what you imagine to be another person's preference.
    Oh no, I sent a print I like, what I meant was, the rules state I should only send a hybrid print for Transparencies since Ilfochrome isn't available any longer.

But if I sent a B&W print, it would have to be an optical print, per the rules.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I also sent one of my favorite shots! While they always go on the wall, the shots I receive are usually trees. I have a whole forest of tree photographs sent from various people.
    - J. Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Delayed

Hi all

Unfortunately I've had some unforeseen problems regarding access to darkroom this fall, but hopefully they will be resolved within a week or two. I will then print and send.
    Regards

Birger A.

------------------

Idealism is easy on a full stomach

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received a print this morning from John Richard of his cousin Haley, nice informal portrait, many thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin