Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,373   Online: 977

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, not to hijack, but since Eugene posted it here, and if it is OK with you all, I would certainly like to take the reins of the BPX once again.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know Eugene has needed to hand it off for awhile. I almost volunteered simply because he's such a nice guy, but I've recently had a run of unexpected time-consuming incidents of my own.

If you're willing and he's agreeable, I think that would be a great idea.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, I'm down with it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That great. Thank you Chris! I'm trying to manage an engineering team spread out across three very different time zones and it's getting rather overwhelming... Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Then you are fairly out and I am fairly in. I will wait for the signup thread in January. Carry on.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hereby I like to preregister for the next BPX, please.

I'm marked as "received & sent", so I can't wait for the next round. Especially with that great image I received from Ken as a motivation and a personal standard to achieve. I'm already thinking and planning my next print. Keywords for now are: large format, historical printing process (alt-photo), probably pinhole, ...
    I bought a great lens from Reinhold Schable that covers up to 24x30 inch negatives. It's a 790mm f:5.4 Wollaston Meniscus lens. Suitable for a "diffused pictorial lanscape style".
    I'm planning on building me a simple "point & shoot" camera body for this lens to make some very large (paper) negatives for contact printing with an old process like gum, bromoil, salt or carbon printing. Or use the direct positive paper from Ilford in camera. Should be great for the exchange. But I haven't started this project yet and I do have a time consuming job. If it doesn't get together for the next BPX-19, it should be doable for the BPX-20 at least (I hope).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	790 back x-up.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	78019

BTW: Christopher, if you need any help, let me know. I thought of setting up a separate European BPX (due to high shipping costs cross-Atlantic) but I'm not sure if there are enough participants in Europe. And it might also drain participants from this worldwide BPX.
    So - for now - I'll put the idea in the fridge ...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Then you are fairly out and I am fairly in. I will wait for the signup thread in January. Carry on.
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 12-06-2013 at 06:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those who may be interested, here is my submission for this BPX round...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    patiently waiting for my print to come...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    patiently waiting for my print to come...
    Katie,

Please see my post number 81. It is a very beautiful print you sent to me! Actually, I have a question about your toning technique. It us very unusual to bleach the print without subsequent toning. I like the look very much and would love to use it myself with an appropriate subject. I am however a bit concerned about the print longevity. From your experience, are the prints treated in such a way reasonably stable? Do I need to put some extra precaution when storing/displaying your print?

Eugene.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized that you are referring to the print you are supposed to receive. Pardon my slowness...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For all of you who missed it: the signup thread for BPX round 19 is opened by Christopher.
    See: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/...ml#post1578777
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin