Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,917   Online: 863

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Oh shit, there's critique? Maybe I shouldn't mail mine...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Oh shit, there's critique? Maybe I shouldn't mail mine...

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    I forgot to include paper with mine... Blah... I mean a paper with info on how it was created, gah I didn't sign not either! I just realized this! Grr stupid brain!

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I had troubles finding a "lab" that still could make a (decent) chemical print out of a colour negative. All seem to have moved to scanning and inktjet printing.
    But I found a small photo store that still can print chemically upto 30x40 cm (12x16 inch). They stopped developing C-41 this summer, sadly enough. The chemicals where too expensive and they didn't have enough customers anymore.
    So I'll have some prints made next week and will ship that weekend.
    Bert from Holland
    Dwayne's still does chemical prints but I think they use a light jet so you still need a scan, I don't think they do chemical prints from a piece of film directly, although I could be wrong...

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Question, when is it no longer "Blind"?

I forgot to send info on what my image was and settings etc.

I was wondering can I just post it here? I can't find the user to PM directly?

Are they even supposed to know who I am?

Well... If you get this image, these are the settings (although I remember it being 2 minutes not 60 seconds as the exposure time, however the sun was coming up over an hour period so perhaps this one was shorter (also I went from Velvia 50 to Velvia 100 and so maybe I shortened the exposure and didn't remember now that it's been over a year.

Well... Forgive me if this is the wrong move...

The print I sent...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=59230

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine left Texas yesterday!

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Question, when is it no longer "Blind"?

I forgot to send info on what my image was and settings etc.

I was wondering can I just post it here? I can't find the user to PM directly?

Are they even supposed to know who I am?

Well... If you get this image, these are the settings (although I remember it being 2 minutes not 60 seconds as the exposure time, however the sun was coming up over an hour period so perhaps this one was shorter (also I went from Velvia 50 to Velvia 100 and so maybe I shortened the exposure and didn't remember now that it's been over a year.

Well... Forgive me if this is the wrong move...

The print I sent...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=59230

Stone:

The recipient is supposed to know who you are once they have your print.

Ask Eugene (our intrepid leader anikin) for the APUG name of the recipient.

And your posting the photograph here (by way of the link) probably damages the "blind" nature of the exchange more than disclosing your identity.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Stone:

The recipient is supposed to know who you are once they have your print.

Ask Eugene (our intrepid leader anikin) for the APUG name of the recipient.

And your posting the photograph here (by way of the link) probably damages the "blind" nature of the exchange more than disclosing your identity.
    I re-read the faq... It said the blind part is the recipient doesn't know what their getting till it arrived... So I didn't disclose WHO is getting this print... Just that someone is... So when they get it, they can come here and see the link and know the info about the print.

Doesn't ruin the blind part since the blind part is not knowing what you get, and they won't know till they open it

One final piece of info, it's on metallic paper as I felt it was the best representation of the chrome look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I like the idea of participants posting their submissions to the General Print Exchange Gallery, and would encourage everyone to consider it. But I always wait until the recipient first acknowledges their receipt of my photograph before doing so. This preserves the "blindness" aspect and guarantees that they are the first to see it.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    I like the idea of participants posting their submissions to the General Print Exchange Gallery, and would encourage everyone to consider it. But I always wait until the recipient first acknowledges their receipt of my photograph before doing so. This preserves the "blindness" aspect and guarantees that they are the first to see it.

Ken
    Good idea except I forgot the paper with my info, it's literally a blind print, I didn't even leave my name... Lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Good idea except I forgot the paper with my info, it's literally a blind print, I didn't even leave my name... Lol

Just a suggestion from my "anally retentive" side ...

It is really a good idea to enclose with any parcel a note that indicates the sender, their address, the recipient and their address.

In case the package gets damaged in transit.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin