Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,749   Online: 957

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had good success scanning 11x14 prints in two passes and then using Microsoft's free stitching software I.C.E.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm quite sure mine should have arrived by now. Back to wondering if I should drop the recipient a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I'm quite sure mine should have arrived by now. Back to wondering if I should drop the recipient a PM.
    Do so and ask him to check the address. Maybe he received it but was to busy to post here??

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    mine went out today... officially late... does my heart being in the right place count for anything????

(please excuse my tardiness...)

jvo
    Yesterday I received a wonderful print from Jim. The photograph was made inside the mid-19th century Oaklawn Cemetery in Tampa, Florida (USA), which is described as "...the final resting place for 'White and Slave, Rich and Poor.'"

The print came reverse-mounted to a two-tone bevel-cut window mat, and ink-stamped with an ID logo on the backside. There was also an included letter describing much of the local history of this cemetery.

I am especially appreciative when individuals include such background information. Personally I think it makes looking at photographs far more interesting when one knows some of the context surrounding them.

The print is titled Tree Person, and the subject is a marvelously foreshortened study of what appears to be an ancient oak tree set amongst a group of equally ancient ornate fenced family-style burial plots. I have always been a fan of straight ahead direct studies that make use of shapes, forms and tones. This photograph qualifies, in my opinion.

The overlapping vertical headstones lie underneath, and are dominated by, the overarching oak tree. The tree itself begins with a tremendously stout trunk, then filigrees out in fractal precision until the eventually microscopic branches and leaves literally vanish into the skylight.

It's a striking blend of strength and delicacy. And sobering to think that the tree itself may quite literally be an aggregation of all who rest beneath it, thus perhaps giving a literal physical expression to the declaration 'White and Slave, Rich and Poor'.

Thanks, Jim. Very much appreciate your time and effort.

Any chance a scan might be available for posting?

Ken

(Note to Bert: I am now both SENT and RECEIVED, and thus complete for this round.)
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Do so and ask him to check the address. Maybe he received it but was to busy to post here??

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    A lot of people aren't online much on the weekend. I will do so next week if I don't hear anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Yesterday I received a wonderful print from Jim....
    A marvelous example of the kind of thoughtful feedback this exchange deserves, thanks for this.
    -Tim

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

update BPX-19

Name Sent Received
    Christopher Walrath sent received
    Katie
    AndreasT sent received
    TheToadMen sent
    anikin sent received
    StoneNYC
    andreios sent received
    ataim
    (S) piu58 sent received
    Mark_S sent received
    paul_c5x4 sent received
    mjs sent
    megzdad81
    dasBlute sent
    JimO sent received
    Roger Cole sent received
    (R) Dali sent received
    Ken Nadvornick sent received
    Kc2edh
    BirgerA

Bert
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397082151.642592.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	85879
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What????

You're using Tapatalk on a phone, aren't you? Unfortunately it often scrambles the forum posts, images, ...
    I posted a simple table (as done before). Better use a "normal" computer and net browser for this if you don't want to read straight HTML.
    Bert
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What????

Table encoding...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin