Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,030   Online: 846

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    You're using Tapatalk on a phone, aren't you? Unfortunately it often scrambles the forum posts, images, ...
    I posted a simple table (as done before). Better use a "normal" computer and net browser for this if you don't want to read straight HTML.
    Bert
    Hmm strange, I could have sworn it displayed properly last time... I think/fear they must have done an update...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I received a lovely print from PaulC54 from Venice a few weeks ago. It was lost in a stack of bills.
    Paul Ward
    Calumet C-1 Green Monster
    Toyo 45CF
    Durst 184 Enlarger
    www.jpaulsenward.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

what he said!!! be well christopher...

we're with you...

Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hello Christopher,
    Apologies accepted, but they weren't needed in the first place. We should thank you for all the things you already have done for APUG.
    But before you forward your received print, please read my PM's first!!
    Take your time to get things in order and you're always welcome to visit us now and again. And please don't feel bad. APUG is meant to enjoy yourself with others on photography, not to feel obligated at all.
    And if you like I can organize the next BPX for you to keep things going while you're away - and if the others don't mind.
    I wish you all the best and God's blessings.
    I'll say a prayer for you.
    Sincerely,
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Medium Format

20th century!

ken,

thanks for your kind comments - and thoughtful, complete description...

i enjoyed the process and this image... i'm glad you did too.

unfortunately i'm technologically challenged and about 5 years ago made the considered choice to eschew all things digital, where possible. a luddite! the truth is my scanner died, probably from disuse. i scanned only 1 photo in it's lifetime, and few other items. i haven't replaced it!

i did recently consider the desire to post photo's here - to get input/advice, for others to see, etc. knowing myself, i realized if i'd bought a scanner, i'd inevitably "need" a newer, faster, better - printer/plugin/software, etc. - leading to more expense. the next thing you know i would have bought a digital camera, egads!. so i haven't!

thanks to all in the exchange - i continue to learn and be inspired by your pictures, efforts and comments!

jvo

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Yesterday I received a wonderful print from Jim. The photograph was made inside the mid-19th century Oaklawn Cemetery in Tampa, Florida (USA), which is described as "...the final resting place for 'White and Slave, Rich and Poor.'"

The print came reverse-mounted to a two-tone bevel-cut window mat, and ink-stamped with an ID logo on the backside. There was also an included letter describing much of the local history of this cemetery.

I am especially appreciative when individuals include such background information. Personally I think it makes looking at photographs far more interesting when one knows some of the context surrounding them.

The print is titled Tree Person, and the subject is a marvelously foreshortened study of what appears to be an ancient oak tree set amongst a group of equally ancient ornate fenced family-style burial plots. I have always been a fan of straight ahead direct studies that make use of shapes, forms and tones. This photograph qualifies, in my opinion.

The overlapping vertical headstones lie underneath, and are dominated by, the overarching oak tree. The tree itself begins with a tremendously stout trunk, then filigrees out in fractal precision until the eventually microscopic branches and leaves literally vanish into the skylight.

It's a striking blend of strength and delicacy. And sobering to think that the tree itself may quite literally be an aggregation of all who rest beneath it, thus perhaps giving a literal physical expression to the declaration 'White and Slave, Rich and Poor'.

Thanks, Jim. Very much appreciate your time and effort.

Any chance a scan might be available for posting?

Ken

(Note to Bert: I am now both SENT and RECEIVED, and thus complete for this round.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sent a PM on 4/11 to the recipient. I haven't heard anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I sent a PM on 4/11 to the recipient. I haven't heard anything.
    PM replied. So sorry to be the flakies of flakes Roger ... I received the print both from this round and last round last week. I will not have time to send mine until the start of May. Please let me know if that's ok. I WILL send it - so don't put me on the "will never send the print" list. My darkroom has been shuttered for MONTHS and I certainly intend to get back into it! Again, my sincerest of apologies for being so incredibly tardy for the party...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a problem for me. I replied to your PM before I read this so ignore the part asking you to post here! Just glad you got it and I'm complete for this round.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roll on the next one!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Roll on the next one!
    If you mean the next BPX, I'll start a new sign-up thread in a week or so.

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so, is this exchange dead? looks like about a third of the participants didn't engage

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin