Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,907   Posts: 1,521,425   Online: 1072

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine is on the print screens drying. It will be next week before I can get it sent out though.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had some setbacks so I haven't done my part yet. My sincere apologies.
    I hope to finish up next week and send the print.
    Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is printed and toned. But I prefer to send my submissions mounted, matted, backed, and ready to frame, if the recipient so desires. Unfortunately I am out of mount board at the moment, so I must first place an order...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 02-25-2014 at 03:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Daemon spelling...
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I'm a bit embarrassed. I noticed some staining on the toned prints I did at the same time as my print for the exchange. The exchange print isn't stained but others from the same session are. Checking everything I found my big jug of rapid fix concentrate was crystallizing pretty badly and I apparently hadn't noticed that in the bottom of the jug (Legacy Pro concentrate to make 5 gallons so it's a 5 quart jug.) So I suspect a fixing problem resulting in staining when toning that I didn't notice as I just squeegeed them onto the drying racks. It got colder than usual down in the darkroom this winter too, even though I turned the heater on when we got the really cold (for Atlanta) nights, so that probably contributed to the fixer spoilage.

The good news is I caught it before I sent them out and I still have plenty of time. I'll be busy for the next week or so but will have fresh fixer on the way and be sure what I send out is archivally processed.

I'm not sure about just re-fixing these and washing, since they've already been toned. Safest just to make new prints.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine was mailed today. Going to Europe so it will take a while.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Apologies all. Some displacement and other issues have made both photography and internet nigh impossible. I'll try to catch up things in the next week or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Mine is printed and toned. But I prefer to send my submissions mounted, matted, backed, and ready to frame, if the recipient so desires. Unfortunately I am out of mount board at the moment, so I must first place an order...

Ken
    Order placed tonight. Will likely take until next Wednesday to arrive, so hopefully mounting can happen the following Saturday.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sorry, I was..... "Away" from APUG and just got "back" I will need a few days to "recover" and I'll make sure to review my emails for my charge
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Mine was mailed today. Going to Europe so it will take a while.

Mike
    It wasn't too long a while - the print arrived today, safe and sound. A very interesting and nicely printed photograph with in-depth information provided.
    Thank you very much!

Sent from my i9300 using Tapatalk
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Order placed tonight. Will likely take until next Wednesday to arrive, so hopefully mounting can happen the following Saturday.

Ken
    Mount board order received. Mounting completed. Mats to be cut this week. Shipping by Mon, March 17th??

Ken

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin